Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-19-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Smart Media card

Ok, does anyone sell these anymore? Just took the plunge and ordered an 1150, and just now realized that it was not an SD card I needed, but rather a smart media card!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 AM   #2
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
well, on ebay there are tons of them... just choose. Blanka
woldinghamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 02:39 AM   #3
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Thanks, I will give that a try!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Don't forget to ask around to family and friends. A lot of people have these sitting around from older electronic devices. I remembered one in a camera that I had given my son to play with when I upgraded my digital camera. Of course, then I had to get a smart card reader for my laptop, but it wasn't that much from ebay, and for me, it made the transfer much easier!
Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedre View Post
Ok, does anyone sell these anymore? Just took the plunge and ordered an 1150, and just now realized that it was not an SD card I needed, but rather a smart media card!
I bought a new smart card through Amazon It's absolutely generic: in fact, it's identical to the one that came with the eb1150. I paid $35 for a 64mb card. I thought that I'd prefer the smaller cards because even a 64mb card holds pages of eBooks, so many that they start to get hard to keep track of.

Since I have 2 cards I decided to use them to divide my books into books I've already read but expect to read again and those I'm currently reading. Of course, it makes more sense to keep my old books on my PC or backed up to a CD, but then, what would I do with the second smart card?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I bought a new smart card through Amazon It's absolutely generic: in fact, it's identical to the one that came with the eb1150. I paid $35 for a 64mb card. I thought that I'd prefer the smaller cards because even a 64mb card holds pages of eBooks, so many that they start to get hard to keep track of.

Since I have 2 cards I decided to use them to divide my books into books I've already read but expect to read again and those I'm currently reading. Of course, it makes more sense to keep my old books on my PC or backed up to a CD, but then, what would I do with the second smart card?
Be sure you always obey the rule to turn off your unit when swapping cards. It is possible to brick a card. There is a guy on eBay that can fix them for a price.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #7
giedre
Connoisseur

I ended up buying a 128 mb smart card off of ebay, for roughly 31.00 dollars! Just hope it works.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Check Ellen's (Techusers) 12/13 blog. She has several links. I ordered (ground delivery) the 128 Delkin from Geeks on the 16th and it arrived today.
http://www.techusers.org/
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
too bad there isn't some sort of adapter or converter to enable the use SD cards
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
too bad there isn't some sort of adapter or converter to enable the use SD cards
There is an adapter for XD cards but they end up sticking out the side of the unit. SD card would require a significant effort in hardware.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #11
lone_wolf
lone_wolf began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is an adapter for XD cards but they end up sticking out the side of the unit. SD card would require a significant effort in hardware.

Dale
these days we have an adapter from SD to mini SD, and from Mini SD to Micro SD.. i would think there to be no reason that any one of these cant be adapted to the much larger Smart media card format..

though finding ANY of those in 128 MB or smaller would be difficult.
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote