Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #76
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
When I finish a book, I never re-read it so never did click on that link in the email.
What about Bibles and reference books. I know you read those and they are not normally inexpensive nor "read only once" type of books. If you had either of those kinds of books at Sony you might want to retrieve, liberate, and convert them. They tend to be expensive to replace and you can convert them to Kindle format.

I started out buying books at the Sony Bookstore before I switched to Kindle. And even after I switched to Kindle I still occasionally bought books from Sony when they were cheaper than Amazon or when Amazon did not carry them. I then converted them to Kindle format. I also have books on my Kindles that came from Nook, Kobo, Fictionwise, Microsoft, etc. Just because a bookstore goes out of business, or you switch formats, is no reason to throw away all the books you purchased from them.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #77
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Never purchased Bibles through Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
What about Bibles and reference books. I know you read those and they are not normally inexpensive nor "read only once" type of books. If you had either of those kinds of books at Sony you might want to retrieve, liberate, and convert them. They tend to be expensive to replace and you can convert them to Kindle format.

I started out buying books at the Sony Bookstore before I switched to Kindle. And even after I switched to Kindle I still occasionally bought books from Sony when they were cheaper than Amazon or when Amazon did not carry them. I then converted them to Kindle format. I also have books on my Kindles that came from Nook, Kobo, Fictionwise, Microsoft, etc. Just because a bookstore goes out of business, or you switch formats, is no reason to throw away all the books you purchased from them.
I never purchased any Bibles from Sony. Thanks for the hint in any event.

I started buying Bibles on my KK 2009 when some were offered with Direct Jump to Verse capability.

Nowadays, on my tablets I only use the AcroBible which has lots of resources. If I get a smart phone, I'll use AcroBible there as well. AcroBible is an App and does not run on Paperwhites.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #78
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I received my email from Sony, clicked the link to Kobo, clicked "Get Started", and everything was done.

All my Sony credit was transferred OK; "We transferred $44.71 of Reader Store credit to your Kobo account."

I did lose about 76 books; "564 of 640 eBooks have been moved to your Kobo Library."

I printed out the lists and still need to go through them to find out if any of the didn't transfer books were ones I wanted to read, although I do have them backed up.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #79
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Mine transferred 166 of 218.

Of the ones they say didn't transfer a bunch are on the Kobo site sometimes with more than one edition

EDIT: A bit more of a postmortem on my transfer shows...

218 books at Sony
166 transferred to Kobo

of the 52 that didn't transfer 18 are available in the Kobo store.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-29-2014 at 10:09 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:22 AM   #80
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Hm, did anyone's credits make the transfer?

Add one more to the list of those who transferred to the Kobo site and got a notice that $0 of credit transferred. (I had about $30 left on my last Sony gift card.)

I have a note in to their customer service folks, asking for either the credit or a refund.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #81
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I still haven't gotten the transfer email
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #82
mindwarp
Zealot
mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
No email here either. Hopefully another batch will go out tomorrow morning.
mindwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #83
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I got my notice on Friday. Kinda pointless, as I never actually bought any books from Sony. I just had an account in case, since they could be used with my Kobo.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #84
MAT160
Enthusiast
MAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS-600
I transferred my Sony Library to Kobo today
I received an email today with a link
I just clicked it and follow the simple steps

I switched to an Amazon Kindle in early December as I had just loss one of my Sony 350's and Amazon was having a great sale

I am very happy with my Kindle but I do want to keep my Sony Library available as I still have a 350
MAT160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:16 AM   #85
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
My email finally came! I won't actually do the transfer til I get home this evening.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 AM   #86
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
My email finally came tonight, telling me sternly that I need to complete the transfer process by ... March 31. Thanks for the notice, Sony!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #87
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I'm still waiting!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:37 AM   #88
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Just got my link at 9AM - Hang in there, Bookworm_Girl.

I only had 47 books from Sony, but they all made the transfer.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #89
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Finally got mine. Only 4 out of 72 did not get transferred, although I need to add all my magazines to the lot. Still not happy with the whole thing, even the though the transition was painless. I guess it means I did not want any transition in the first place...
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #90
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
My email finally came tonight, telling me sternly that I need to complete the transfer process by ... March 31. Thanks for the notice, Sony!
Strange, just got mine and it said May 31 (and even that reads like it's just store credit and books would transfer after this date).
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote