Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
Grins
Enthusiast
Grins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo(s), Pocketbook(s), MacBook Pro, iPhone
automatic reset of font size in field "comments"?

Is there a way to automatically (i.e. "edit metadata") reset / change / increase the font size within the field "comments" for a number of pres-selected ebooks?

I have various older ebooks with different comment font size and would like to reset and then increase the font size so that all have the same font size.

By the way - calibre is a really great tool !!
Grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not in bulk but you can use the remove formatting button above the comments text in the edit metadata dialog to remove all formatting easily. So you would need to open the edit metadata dialog, select all text, click remove formatting and then click next repeatedly for every book.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
Grins
Enthusiast
Grins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo(s), Pocketbook(s), MacBook Pro, iPhone
Thank you kovid for the extremly fast reply.

Yes, I did exactly that when I first tried to change the comment font size for a number of books.

I am sorry for not being clear enough: I was actually looking for some "bulk change" in order to limit the number of clicks
Grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You might be able to do something with search and replace, if the books have very similar markup in their comments, but you'd need to know how to use regular expressions for that.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, comments, edit metadata, font size