Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
philandjan
Trainee Old Git
philandjan doesn't litterphilandjan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Genres

Please excuse me if I am asking a question that has been asked many, many times but I find the search facility in MobileRead to be very inflexible and infuriating (unless it is me being thick and not seeing how to limit my search to just one forum!).

I have finally got my head around using genre to classify my library rather than tags.

However, what I haven't yet got my head around is where to download genre information from. Is there one good source, probably with a limit of 50 genres? And if there is, can I download it along with the metadata?

My thanks, in advance, to all you wizzy wizards who will undoubtedly point a doddery old git in the right direction
philandjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
What I have done is to pick a interent book store and mimic their catagories, in my case borders. I looked at the borders web site and their catagory listings that they show and structured my library to mimic them.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
WRT to the search, use the Search This Forum on the menu bar for the forum. This is the lower menyu bar, just above the forum list.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I believe the goodreads metadata plugin (look in the plugin subforum) does this when it pulls the info.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote