Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
mag8
mag8 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
"A problem with your document(s) sent to ...@free.kindle.com"

Dear All,
I fired up calibre again today to fetch the usual economist weekly copy, calibre did it fine and sent the email to my usual email address;
i then received an email from amazon saying that a problem occurred.
Pretty strange as I didn't change any other settings.

any suggestions?
this is the body of the email i received

Quote:
The Kindle Personal Document Service can convert and deliver the following types of documents:
Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
Rich Text Format (.rtf)
HTML (.htm, .html)
Text (.txt) documents
Archived documents (zip , x-zip) and compressed archived documents
Mobi book

Images that are of type JPEGs (.jpg), GIFs (.gif), Bitmaps (.bmp), and PNG images (.png).
Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents are delivered without conversion to Kindle DX, Second Generation and Latest Generation Kindles.

Adobe PDF (.pdf) can be converted to Kindle format and delivered on an experimental basis.

If the document that failed belonged to one of the above document types, please ensure the document is not password protected or encrypted. Note that the Latest Generation Kindles support password protected PDFs.

Helpful tips for personal document attachments:
The file size of each attached personal document should be less than 50MB (before compression in a ZIP file)
The email submitted should not contain more than 25 attached personal documents

You can learn more about transferring personal documents to your Kindle in our help pages:
http://www.amazon.com/kindlepersonaldocuments/

If you would like immediate assistance, please contact customer support at +1-866-321-8851 (US customers) or +1-206-266-0927 (International Customers).

Sincerely,
Amazon Kindle Support
mag8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:28 AM   #2
mag8

Obviously the file i'm sending to my kindle is .mobi
Old 09-30-2011, 04:34 AM   #3
mag8

Just fetched "business week" to test...and it's working.
The economist is 3.5 Mb, Business Week is 0.5 Mb

Could this be the issue?!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There seem to have been a number of reports of problems reported recently of this type when getting news articles sent to the Kindle. I am not sure that a cause has yet been identified.

Have you checked that the mobi file in Calibre is actually OK?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:01 AM   #5
mag8

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
There seem to have been a number of reports of problems reported recently of this type when getting news articles sent to the Kindle. I am not sure that a cause has yet been identified.

Have you checked that the mobi file in Calibre is actually OK?
Yes,
the same file sent via email came throug fine and it's now in my kindle.
I'm puzzled.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:28 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag8 View Post
Yes,
the same file sent via email came throug fine and it's now in my kindle.
I'm puzzled.
What does this even mean? You sent the file via email and it was accepted? My confusion comes from the fact that the initial error you received the file (are we talking The economist?) was being sent via email. What's the difference?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There's a similar thread here, although there's no solution yet. It looks to me like this is an error on Amazon's part.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
mag8

Sorry for not explaining clearly:
At first I had calibre fetching and sending the file itself, which didnt work.
Then I tried emailing it myself to the kindle (through the same email address), and it worked.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
AndySocial
AndySocial doesn't litterAndySocial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle, Aluratek Libre Pro
I got that on a few files this week. I re-sent the exact same email from my "sent" folder in Gmail, and they all came through just fine then. Something about Amazon's recent server updates must have caused a (hopefully temporary) hiccup.
AndySocial is offline   Reply With Quote