Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #46
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I've seen horse flies.

I've seen fire flys........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Hence the jetpacks.
seriously.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #48
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
seriously.
NOW what did we do?? 'whine...........
Old 07-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #49
Prash
Zealot
Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3W, LG OG-E970, Utopia Apad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I'm not certain I am following your replys. Was there a problem with my posts? What "spamming' are you talking about? There are different forums on here designed for different subjects. "Ridiculous high number of posts"? Is there a 'norm' for posts?
You totally misunderstood me, i didn't mean anything about your post at all..

I am mostly used to technical & computer hardware forums. In such forums, generally even the post count determines a particular members seniority and sometimes knowledge level. And in such forums, posting silly or funny excerpts are also considered spamming (in a totally positive way). I am just getting the hang of the forum, and haven't yet digested happenings around MR yet. And here, i saw the post was targeted at Ricky, but i didn't get what was the essence of discussion, hence posted my views.....

i am sorry and i take back all my words if they hurt you...Here are some flowers especially for you to make up for my mistake
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #50
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
NOW what did we do?? 'whine...........
are y'all getting into trouble again ? good lord...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post

I am mostly used to technical & computer hardware forums. In such forums, generally even the post count determines a particular members seniority and sometimes knowledge level. And in such forums, posting silly or funny excerpts are also considered spamming (in a totally positive way). I am just getting the hang of the forum, and haven't yet digested happenings around MR yet. And here, i saw the post was targeted at Ricky, but i didn't get what was the essence of discussion, hence posted my views.....

i am sorry and i take back all my words if they hurt you...Here are some flowers especially for you to make up for my mistake
aw, prash, i'm so impressed by your efforts to make sure you don't hurt anyone's feelings ! that's really nice of you to be so sensitive. i think you will fit right in here, since we try to keep a friendly ambiance. an unspoken policy could be described as "no flame wars please !" but please do relax a bit ; as you can see, in the lounge we like to post a lot of unutterable silliness and have fun, so you shouldn't take things you read in here too seriously !! and feel free to join in and be unutterably silly with the rest of the lunatics.

just watch out for the squirrels.

you should keep an eye out for the pandas as well.

and the ducks !! don't even ask about the ducks.
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #51
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Oh .... that makes sense. Around here, the post count per day is generally in inverse proportion to how much of a real life you have. Me ... lots of posts every day. Not much of a real life. Just work, cats, watching movies, reading, painting (artwork and walls), keeping an eye on my neighbor's houses, and Mobileread!!!

Quote:

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #52
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:

Oh my goodness, come here and give me a big hug......unless that is not appropirate for your culture. I truly do not know and do not want to offend. If it is,my apologies and here is another , bigger, bouquet of flowers for you.

Being on a board with members from all over the world one sometimes forgets words have different meanings in different cultures.

Spamming here is almost a dirty word. People who spam are conisidered rude. I wasn't aware it could have another meaning. Thank you for informing me.

I understand the need for seriousness in technical forums.....which is why I try to stay away from those here as I have nothing to offer except my knowledge of my Kindle

I feel horrible if I misunderstood anything you said. Please forgive me.

Friends?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:06 PM   #53
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Flame wars aren't permitted, Prash, but Chocolate wars are encouraged....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #54
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
and the ducks !! don't even ask about the ducks.
Well, Quack Quack to you too. :P
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #55
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

THE PARTY WAS CANCELED!!!

Oh .... boo hoo!! Now I'm going to have to make my own dinner. No party until next week. Rats!!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #56
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Well, Quack Quack to you too. :P
you see what i mean.

(heeheehee...)
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #57
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh .... boo hoo!! Now I'm going to have to make my own dinner. No party until next week. Rats!!
How 'bout some deep fried Spam? (note to Prash.....Spam is also a meat product sold here in the states. Its sold in a little tin, and no one really knows what kinds of meat, or parts of which animal, are included)
I don't care what it says on the can.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #58
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
How 'bout some deep fried Spam? (note to Prash.....Spam is also a meat product sold here in the states. Its sold in a little tin, and no one really knows what kinds of meat, or parts of which animal, are included)
I don't care what it says on the can.
No Spam in the pantry. I do have a lot of really good white wine, and some popcorn. White wine goes with popcorn ... right?? And, there's some cheese.

I'm sort of tired tonight anyway. I just got a text message from the Moons. They are on Bourbon St. in New Orleans having oysters for dinner. And I'm stuck with popcorn?? Rats!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #59
Prash
Zealot
Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Prash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3W, LG OG-E970, Utopia Apad
Quote:
Oh my goodness, come here and give me a big hug......unless that is not appropirate for your culture. I truly do not know and do not want to offend. If it is,my apologies and here is another , bigger, bouquet of flowers for you.
Friends?
Here's a hug from me too... Let's be friends...

Quote:
you see what i mean.

(heeheehee...)
Yup, i see it......
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #60
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
No Spam in the pantry. I do have a lot of really good white wine, and some popcorn. White wine goes with popcorn ... right?? And, there's some cheese.

I'm sort of tired tonight anyway. I just got a text message from the Moons. They are on Bourbon St. in New Orleans having oysters for dinner. And I'm stuck with popcorn?? Rats!
Put lots of butter on the popcorn and you set, except the wine should be rose or white zifendel......

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, duck!, unutterable silliness