Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Does 'Factory Reset' RELIABLY fix WiFi issue?

I know there are plenty of stories about a Factory Reset fixing the Glo's WiFi issue(s) (i.e., never remembering a successful connection, not establishing new ones), but I discovered something that makes me wonder...

I opened up the diagnostics on my WiFi extender, and saw that the Glo really did not have a host name when connected, like other devices. Just two dashes, like so: --

Even my husband's nooks showed a host name on the extender, if not very helpful ones (e.g., host name android_[mac address]).

I manually went to the brand new glo firmware over the weekend (2.6.1?) via sideload, hoping it might include a fix for this, and while the update was clearly successful, I'm still stuck with the same WiFi issues. I love my Glo, but it is way (WAY) less useful without WiFi. If I have to enter my passphrase one more time, I'm afraid I'm gonna hurl this across the room.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I can see what you mean on the WiFi router here at work and the DHCP server. A name would be nice. But, I have never had any issues with either my Glo or Touch forgetting the WiFi passphrase. If I do a sync, or use the browser, it searches for known networks. Usually, it connects without a problem. If it doesn't connect, it lists the available networks and gets me to enter the passphrase even if I select a network that it should know about already. Usually, I cancel and try again and it connect successfully the second time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Could it be related to the type of network authentication being used? Simpler is usually better in terms of ease of use, if not security...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Not bad idea. The work one is WPA2 Personal with TKIP and AES. I can only check one of the networks at home from here and it is the same.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote