Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #31
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMF View Post
I would love it if somebody with Python skills could code up a quick "open EPUB in Sigil" plugin. That would be faster than having to open the book directory and launching Sigil from there.

This would be a nice addition.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post

This would be a nice addition.

his
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #33
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Open ePub in Editor plugin

*** This plugin has now been deprecated. Instead, use the more powerful and flexible Open With plugin from the link below ***
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118761

This plugin allows direct editing of ePub files in an external editor such as Sigil via a right-click menu. This plugin means users now have two choices for editing ePubs, with the "non-sigil" approach being the existing "Tweak ePub" function.

Special Notes:
  • I have not tested this plugin on anything other than Windows. If someone running Calibre can feedback success or failure on other platforms it would be appreciated by others I am sure.
  • After editing the ePub, regardless of whether you make changes no information is updated in the Calibre database (such as the CRC for this file). I'm not aware of any downside to doing this and it is fairly common for users to directly edit formats of files.
Installation Steps:
  1. Follow installation steps as per first post in this thread
  2. Add a custom tweak value in Preferences->Tweaks reflecting the path to your editor such as Sigil. In the snippet below (Windows 7 64-bit) my path is as follows:
    Code:
    # Specify path to your ePub editor for 'Open ePub in Editor' plugin
    epub_editor_path = 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Sigil\\Sigil.exe'
  3. Restart Calibre and add the command to your context menu or toolbar as appropriate.
Feedback/suggestions welcomed. For instance this could be enhanced with a keyboard shortcut and icon if people want it.

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-27-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Note about deprecation to Open With
Old 12-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #34
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
This plugin allows direct editing of ePub files in an external editor such as Sigil via a right-click menu. This plugin means users now have two choices for editing ePubs, with the "non-sigil" approach being the existing "Tweak ePub" function.

Feedback/suggestions welcomed. For instance this could be enhanced with a keyboard shortcut and icon if people want it.
I noticed a Calibre side-effect (Win XP): Calibre is Busy (hourglass) until Sigil closes.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #35
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I noticed a Calibre side-effect (Win XP): Calibre is Busy (hourglass) until Sigil closes.
Nothing to worry about That is to do with the way the editor is launched - the plugin code is actually waiting for the Sigil.exe to be closed before it continues.

If people want Sigil to be treated as a completely separate process (not unreasonable) then I need to change the "subprocess.call" method I am currently using to something else.
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #36
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
EDIT: ignore this comment, kiwidude has already said the same while I was writing it
Quote:
This is because subprocess.call is used. If you replace that by subprocess.Popen, Calibre will not wait.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #37
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvanmaar View Post
This is because subprocess.call is used. If you replace that by subprocess.Popen, Calibre will not wait.
Indeed, I've made the change and updated the zip above. I've opened it as a "detached" process to allow Calibre and the editor to be completely independent of each other.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #38
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
here is what it looks like on my ubuntu box
Hi there, thanks for verifying it works fine on Ubuntu and nice to see you got your B&N searches to work - with icons too, very nice

Incidentally I have added an index to the plugins to the first post of the thread, should make it easier to find them as the thread grows over time.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #39
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Ubuntu Maverick Intel 32bit

Code:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:creationflags is only supported on Windows platforms

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 64, in edit_epub
  File "subprocess.py", line 638, in __init__
ValueError: creationflags is only supported on Windows platforms
or did I set the path wrong?

Code:
# Specify path to your ePub editor for 'Open ePub in Editor' plugin
epub_editor_path = '\\opt\\Sigil\\Sigil.sh'
as soon as I hit send slashes wrong, Sigil is lowercase

Last edited by theducks; 12-04-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #40
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
Both of them (wrong path, creationflags is Windows only). For the latter, you can simply remove the creationflags parameter, it should run just fine without it on Linux
Old 12-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #41
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvanmaar View Post
Both of them (wrong path, creationflags is Windows only). For the latter, you can simply remove the creationflags parameter, it should run just fine without it on Linux
I've updated the zip again with a check for windows so it should not try using the extra parameter on Linux. Apologies that I do not have anything other than a Windows box to test this on so feedback appreciated, thanks.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #42
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Thanks Kiwidude, just added the Search Internet plugin and with the newest version of Calibre, works like a charm. Keep the plugins coming!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #43
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I've updated the zip again with a check for windows so it should not try using the extra parameter on Linux. Apologies that I do not have anything other than a Windows box to test this on so feedback appreciated, thanks.
Works on Ubuntu now
Thanks
Old 12-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #44
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
here is what it looks like on my ubuntu box
Ok, how do I get my covers to show up like that?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #45
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by thafrogggg View Post
Ok, how do I get my covers to show up like that?
Set the number of covers to show higher in preferences.

Show cover browser in a separate window needs to be ticked.

and make the cover browser shorter in height (changes the number allowed to fit because the aspect ratio of the covers allow more),

Oh. Not try this on a minimal system (gobs of RAM needed)
Closed Thread