How can you close the tabs?

ŋcomo se puede cerrar las pestaņas?
vakya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #32
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
There is a icon like an x in the toolbar. I think it's the last one.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #33
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
There is a icon like an x in the toolbar. I think it's the last one.
Seems that would be limited to those choosing to install the full version. I prefer the lite version myself. I've tried the full version and don't find much use for the expanded toolbar as I'm a one-handed reader that dislikes using the pen. I'd really like to see a "CLOSE" option in the menu, like the one used in the zipbrowser app. Of course, having no idea how to get that done, I'm not of much help.
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #34
catharsis
Addict

well, if you don't use the pen, there's a "Close document" shortcut in the menu (right below "Add bookmark" and on top of "Writing").
Old 08-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #35
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
well, if you don't use the pen, there's a "Close document" shortcut in the menu (right below "Add bookmark" and on top of "Writing").
Am I that blind that I didn't see that or is it only in the full version? The README in the "lite" version does say one can't close a tab. I'm using the full version now because I didn't see that available in the "lite" version.

I was trying to say that it would be nice to have such a option in the "lite" version. That way it wouldn't be necessary to use that proprietary file from the DR1000 to get the "multi document" function (open and close).

By searching the posting I see that many people have modified the popupmenu over the last few months to reflect their wants and needs. So, I was thinking that it might be possible to add the close function to the menu in the "lite" ver of DR800+. This would make it easy for most DR800 users to enjoy the "lite" features.
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #36
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Suddenly auto shutdown runs well again after installing shutdown program.. Good!!
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #37
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
Suddenly auto shutdown runs well again after installing shutdown program.. Good!!
What shutdown program?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #38
bokjeid
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
What shutdown program?
Refer to the below thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hutdown&page=3

But I have no idea if it'll be the same for other cases.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #39
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But that is for full shutdown (meaning it takes a long time) rather than just going into suspend mode when it only takes a second to wake up.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #40
bokjeid
Addict

Quote:
But that is for full shutdown (meaning it takes a long time) rather than just going into suspend mode when it only takes a second to wake up.
Ah.. Of course there would be no connection between full shutdown and auto shutdown. What I meant is that on my device, 'auto shutdown' function began to run again after installing that. I don't know the reason this happened but it was good that the problem was solved, I thought.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #41
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
Ah.. Of course there would be no connection between full shutdown and auto shutdown. What I meant is that on my device, 'auto shutdown' function began to run again after installing that. I don't know the reason this happened but it was good that the problem was solved, I thought.
Thanks for spreading the word, I might try it, mine doesn't go into sleep mode at all right now.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #42
catharsis
Addict

is there any possibility to add a fit to width function when viewing pdfs in landscape mode?

Last edited by catharsis; 08-23-2010 at 06:30 AM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 08-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #43
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Quote:
Thanks for spreading the word, I might try it, mine doesn't go into sleep mode at all right now.
Have you tried running a power configurator from the Hidden Gems thread? May be helpful ..
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #44
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vakya View Post
Iņigo. Thanks.
How can you close the tabs?

ŋcomo se puede cerrar las pestaņas?
Back from holidays!

In fact you can't close the tabs with the lite version. The close buttons are added by the UDS binary, and we don't have any control over it.

La versiķn lite no permite cerrar las pestaņas. Es el binario UDS quien decide qué iconos/acciones mostrar, y lamentablemente no tenemos control sobre él.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #45
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garywitscher View Post
Am I that blind that I didn't see that or is it only in the full version? The README in the "lite" version does say one can't close a tab. I'm using the full version now because I didn't see that available in the "lite" version.

I was trying to say that it would be nice to have such a option in the "lite" version. That way it wouldn't be necessary to use that proprietary file from the DR1000 to get the "multi document" function (open and close).

By searching the posting I see that many people have modified the popupmenu over the last few months to reflect their wants and needs. So, I was thinking that it might be possible to add the close function to the menu in the "lite" ver of DR800+. This would make it easy for most DR800 users to enjoy the "lite" features.
Hi,

Close button for tabs is only available in the full package, so the only way to close open tabs in lite version is to reboot the device.

The reason behind it is because it's UDS binary who decides which icons/actions are shown and executed when button is clicked, but we don't have any control over the UDS application.
We could easily show the close icon but we can't inject the "close" action when selected, it's all UDS stuff.

Maybe we could hack a new close action but I'm afraid it will be too much and hard work.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr800+