Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Brilliant Idea to Convert PDF into others

why not use a virtual pdf printer to "virtually print" a pdf file into a jpg which is compatible with the kindle?

or even into azw or mobi?
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
why not use a virtual pdf printer to "virtually print" a pdf file into a jpg which is compatible with the kindle?

or even into azw or mobi?
You know of a virtual pdf printer that will output mobi's??

I assume you're talking about creating one jpeg image for each page in a pdf book? If so, I'm not sure how that would be a step up from the pdf (that the kindle can read to begin with). Non-reflowable pdf vs non-reflowable jpegs... hmmm.

Welcome back by the way. We've been missing your "brilliant" ideas.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You know of a virtual pdf printer that will output mobi's??

I assume you're talking about creating one jpeg image for each page in a pdf book? If so, I'm not sure how that would be a step up from the pdf (that the kindle can read to begin with). Non-reflowable pdf vs non-reflowable jpegs... hmmm.

Welcome back by the way. We've been missing your "brilliant" ideas.
after studying png and jpg it seems too many of them cause freezes and slow action in the kindle.

thus war and peace would be a thousand pngs/jpgs.

i will not be reading war and peace anyway as i find russia to be a cold place.that was just an example.

What i really meant was not actually print the pdf but print it in a virtual sense and then then use a virtual OCR reader to read of the virtual print and then convert it to a reflowable user friendly format.

so virtual pdf printer prints out a file which OCR software will be able to "read" like an OCR reader and then reflow the text to a custom mobi file.

OCR stands for OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I thought that OCR stood for Occupationally Challenged Reader
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
What i really meant was not actually print the pdf but print it in a virtual sense and then then use a virtual OCR reader to read of the virtual print and then convert it to a reflowable user friendly format.

so virtual pdf printer prints out a file which OCR software will be able to "read" like an OCR reader and then reflow the text to a custom mobi file.
Why not just use OCR software directly on the PDF? The ones I've tried work with PDF. No need to convert to an intermediate format.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Virtually impossible.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote