Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Insert a Picture?

How do I insert a picture into a thread? Have a shot of me standing next to an author and want to insert it into a thread but am clueless how to do so.

Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
How do I insert a picture into a thread? Have a shot of me standing next to an author and want to insert it into a thread but am clueless how to do so.

Thanks
There are few ways if using the main site:

1. You can upload it to your Pictures & Albums in your User CP. Pictures and Albums will give you an IMG link that you can add to a post via the Insert Image button.

2. You can upload and add an attachment to any post using the Attachments button . This will create a thumbnail that we can click on to enlarge. Or if you Manage Attachments, using the same button after you have uploaded it, it's possible to determine the link of the image and post that as well.

3. You can upload your photo to many a free cloud storage site which will provide a URL link for you to insert using the Insert Image button

I'm not sure if you can upload images or attachments, other than your signature, if you're using the mobile site.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-11-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Nice picture! Thanks for sharing!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
My question is a bit more detailed:

- what is the largest [recommended/allowed] image size for hotlinked images from Photobucket, etc...?

Surely not this, from the MR FAQ:
"Graphics larger than 600 pixels width x 100 pixels height are prohibited, while those below that size are subject to being discreet: the smaller the graphic, the more likely it will be approved."

^ I assume the above is a typo or may be referring to avatars or am I totally offbase?

thanks MR team!
-les
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
My question is a bit more detailed:

- what is the largest [recommended/allowed] image size for hotlinked images from Photobucket, etc...?

Surely not this, from the MR FAQ:
"Graphics larger than 600 pixels width x 100 pixels height are prohibited, while those below that size are subject to being discreet: the smaller the graphic, the more likely it will be approved."

^ I assume the above is a typo or may be referring to avatars or am I totally offbase?

thanks MR team!
-les
That refers to signatures, not images in the message.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ Danke. Sorta figured out the image size hotlink limit as well - so far 600x480 is A-OK here on MR.

Thanks to Dreams for putting me on the right path
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote