Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
cavygal
cavygal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Red face pdf, foreign language, notes function. is tat too hard?

hidy hi,

i have been scouring the universe for all the ebooks possibly.
i have even gone to the china sites and check some of their local ebook brands like 'yiboshi', 'fang zhen'

http://www.ebooksee.com/price.htm

it's all in chinese.

anyway, in the english world.... for those who have been using ur ereaders,

all i need are 3 functions. compatible with the typical pdf files found all over the place. right now, im using nokia E71 to read, such a nightmare, because when i enlarge the fonts, the words get truncated at the sides. i have to scroll left n right for each line. ebook readers wont do tat right?

2. sometimes i need to read japanese n chinese fonts. any idea which ebook reader can? say the prs 700?

3. writing notes are important since i read a lot of research reports and financial statements. can the bookeen do tat?

in any case, can anyone recommend me an ebook tat has all these??
assuming that i have deep pockets...

thank you very much!!!
cavygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Your best EInk option is the iRex iLiad or the new iRex DR1000S. The iLiad has a Chinese version, but you are better off getting the European one because it allows 3rd party software. I don't know the details of how these handle Japanese and Chinese fonts though.

Both allow note taking and have good PDF support, primarily because of their large (for EInk) screens. The DR1000S includes (english) dictionary lookup and word search inside a PDF, which isn't available on the iLiad.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert