Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
? about the best free text to speech software

I see a lot of these things (like Ginger and UltraHal) will read and put the word on the screen in MS Word. But I'm usually proofreading in EPUB. Anybody know of a good free text to speech proofreader that will work with EPUB? Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I just hit OPTION-ESC and a nice lady named Karen reads my stuff to me. Oh, wait you probably don't have a Mac.. soory. Dunno what Windows users use as it built into the Mac OS.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I use Windows. I chose a product called TextAloud from NextUp. I mainly chose this for the many different voices I could get. In theory TextAloud is supposed to open ePubs, in practice it never seems to work for me, but I don't care that much. I don't edit epub directly other than tidy-up, all text changes happen against my original source. Also I find proof-reading is best done in short doses, so I simply copy an paste one scene at a time into the TextAloud window.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I use Windows. I chose a product called TextAloud from NextUp. I mainly chose this for the many different voices I could get. In theory TextAloud is supposed to open ePubs, in practice it never seems to work for me, but I don't care that much. I don't edit epub directly other than tidy-up, all text changes happen against my original source. Also I find proof-reading is best done in short doses, so I simply copy an paste one scene at a time into the TextAloud window.
thanks gmw
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote