Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #346
Smashingblue
Smashingblue began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
First of all try to use base font size 10.

Second, it is a Sony Reader or LRF format problem. It tries to accomodate words that are placed in one line all over the length of the screen (I am not sure I explain clear, sorry about it). It means the bigger font size you use, the smaller number of words that fit in one line, the more space will be allocated to fill in the space between them(words).
That helped a little bit, but still a bit odd with the spacing. Guess there is no easy fix for the spacing when converting from lit to lrf.
Smashingblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #347
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashingblue View Post
That helped a little bit, but still a bit odd with the spacing. Guess there is no easy fix for the spacing when converting from lit to lrf.
I don't think it matters whether you convert from lit, rtf, html or anything else.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #348
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I used Calibre to convert a LIT file and for some reason all the italics were removed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #349
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a ticket and attach the lit file to it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #350
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
open a ticket and attach the lit file to it.

Okay, I'll take this advice as a sign that you really don't have to do something extra to make sure italics/bolded survive the conversion process.

I'm going to test again tonight and open a ticket like you advise. thanks.
Advert
Old 07-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #351
Amalthia
Wizard

Update on missing italics. When I saved the LRF to disk and viewed using the Sony Connect Software all the italics were there. Earlier I was viewing the new LRF files via the Calibre LRF viewer and for some reason non of the italics were showing there. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #352
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd. Probably just the fonts in the LRF viewer make it look like its not italic?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #353
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've just viewed a book with Calibre's LRV viewer and I get italics just fine. Could it be that whatever font the viewer is using that there is no italic version to go with it?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #354
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
this might not be quite the correct place to pose this question (which might have come up before?) but it's relevant to the current discussion.. anyways, I noticed that when I replaced the Windows/Font versions of ttm****.ttf or whatever the Sony default fonts were with my Korean-ified versions, Calibre displays a bizarre different font for Korean in the lrf viewer and in the Calibre gui. It's definitely not the one that my Reader now uses (After the unicode patch). Things show up fine in the reader, but I was wondering why Calibre shows a different font than the one I used in the Sony Reader, in the Reader directory, and in the Windows Fonts directory. Is there someplace in calibre I'm supposed to replace fonts in as well?
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #355
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah calibre has a private copy of the fonts. Unfortunately replacing them in non-trivial.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #356
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've just viewed a book with Calibre's LRV viewer and I get italics just fine. Could it be that whatever font the viewer is using that there is no italic version to go with it?
In the settings, I have all the fonts set to Arial. What are your's set at? I'd love to be able to use the Calibre viewer because it removes 2 steps in checking the conversion.

edited to add: forgot to add the LIT files I'm using look like Times New Roman and in the viewer that's what I'm seeing. For some reason it's not converting the fonts to Arial. But I'd think that Times New Roman would show italics.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #357
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I dont embed fonts, I find the hit in page turn times to be too great.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:58 AM   #358
matt richerd
matt richerd began at the beginning.

Device: PEN
I am new to Mobile read and to Linux in general and I use this site. Everyone can transfer your data from mobile read to laptop.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #359
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'm not sure what you mean
Old 07-28-2008, 08:28 AM   #360
vivek_cbe
vivek_cbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I find that the "sort by author" is not working properly. I am using 0.4.80 version of calibre. Is this a known issue?
vivek_cbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500