Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #331
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I cannot. I don't have any of the problematic files.

My MS reader is v2.1.1.

Last edited by astra; 06-04-2008 at 02:11 PM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #332
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Can somebody send me one of these files?
I just emailed you two of them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #333
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, tried some Mac stuff too.

Tried Calibre, no luck (didn't expect it to work since the Windows version didn't).

Tried Stanza, can't open the files.

Tried MacLit, can't open (get 0 pages).

I didn't figure any of those would work, but figured I'd try them anyway.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 AM   #334
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Nevermind

Last edited by MidknytOwl; 06-05-2008 at 04:26 PM.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:28 AM   #335
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The problem with those lit files is that they have invalid OPF files (some missing tags) and convertlit chokes on this. A simple patch to convert lit fixes this, but I'm not familiar enough with it to say what other side effects the patch might have. The patch is in the file litembiggen.c , change line 342 to

Code:
if (0 && !depth) {
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #336
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Can somebody send me one of these files?
I already have as part of the ticket which (understandably) got closed on the calibre website (#718)
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:31 AM   #337
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
The problem with those lit files is that they have invalid OPF files (some missing tags) and convertlit chokes on this. A simple patch to convert lit fixes this, but I'm not familiar enough with it to say what other side effects the patch might have. The patch is in the file litembiggen.c , change line 342 to

Code:
if (0 && !depth) {
Thanks for the info

I assume this would be edited in the Source Code you can download. I've got that edited, but can anyone tell me if there's an easy way to compile the source into an exe like the one you download (or is there a way to edit the file from within the compiled exe?). Sorry for what's probably a dumb question, but I'm more a graphics guy so have little idea on the programing end of things.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #338
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Ok, after some research I downloaded & installed Visual C++ Express Edition 2008 (Visual C++ version 9). When I try to run nmake -f win32.mak like the readme for C-lit says I get the error...
Quote:
NMAKE: fatal error U1100: macro '$*' is illegal in the context of batch rule '.c.obj'

Since the readme seemed to indicate the author was using version 7 I tried to find that, but couldn't. Version 8 (2005) gives the same errors as version 9.

:shrugs: I guess I'll hope to hear back from the author of the program, because I'm way over my head trying to compile this stuff.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #339
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've added the patched convertlit to calibre, redownload 0.4.68 and try
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #340
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Thanks very much. It works like a charm.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:09 AM   #341
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Works fine for me too so far, thanks!
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:41 AM   #342
Smashingblue
Smashingblue began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I've managed to convert a lit to lrf, but I can't figure a way to prevent the lrf from having excessive spacing between words.

Can anyone explain to me how to fix the spacing issue when converting a lit to lrf?
Smashingblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:12 AM   #343
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What base font size do you use and when you read what text size do you use on the reader i.e. small, medium or large?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #344
Smashingblue
Smashingblue began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
What base font size do you use and when you read what text size do you use on the reader i.e. small, medium or large?
I use calibre to do the converting with a 12 point font size, 2.5 point font spacing, and I usually read on the small setting.

I haven't done anything with changing the 12 point font size, but have lowered the 2.5 point font spacing, which helps in some ares, but others ends up making the words way too close together.
Smashingblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #345
astra
The Introvert

First of all try to use base font size 10.

Second, it is a Sony Reader or LRF format problem. It tries to accomodate words that are placed in one line all over the length of the screen (I am not sure I explain clear, sorry about it). It means the bigger font size you use, the smaller number of words that fit in one line, the more space will be allocated to fill in the space between them(words).

Last edited by astra; 06-12-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Tags
libprs500