Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #106
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
I think you can create a pull request. lunohod was writing sometime ago that onyx devs accept pull requests. This way your changes at least will not be wasted.

I agree with you onyx firmware is buggy. Booxtor is jumping from feature to feature without completing any of them. And I believe it is not going to be better. Now they work on new models on Android, it is obvious that old ones will receive less attention. Unfortunately I have nothing constructive to propose
I recently ported the CoolReader proven to PB in Touch Pocketbook Lux model and was pleasantly impressed with the complete configuration possibilities.
Apart from that it is a newer version of CR.

Would it be possible to port that version to Onyx ....?

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #107
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Pocketbook version has its own limitations. It doesn't make sense to port it to the onyx. If you would ask is it possible to obtain similar functionality on onyx I would say yes. I can't promise anything right now but if onyx will drop support of linux devices I will probably make such version.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #108
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Pocketbook version has its own limitations. It doesn't make sense to port it to the onyx. If you would ask is it possible to obtain similar functionality on onyx I would say yes. I can't promise anything right now but if onyx will drop support of linux devices I will probably make such version.
Thank you very much for the offer.
Just need to Onyx vs Booxtor, will provide the necessary tools.
Even a reader Onyx for testing.

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #109
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have M92, so I guess I have the necessary tools.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #110
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
If you would ask is it possible to obtain similar functionality on onyx I would say yes. I can't promise anything right now but if onyx will drop support of linux devices I will probably make such version.
Thanks!
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #111
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Hi,
onyx m92 with artatech firmware 1.8 20130407.
I'm keeping the old pdfreader set for pdf because i'm not able to reproduce on the new one the same joystick binding i use for reading newspapers (italian "corriere della sera" is 55x40 centimeters).

Would be great that a change of firmware update also the onboard manual that still refers to 1.6 :-)

Anyway
On the ancient pdfreader
"left" goes to previous page
"right" goest to next page.
BUT if you decide to zoom the page, let's say at 200%, so to reproduce the dimension of a "real" newspaper, the joystick (left/right/up/down)
let you move the portion of the page you are watching, very naturally, sticking to the page.

On the new one, if i choose "page turn" from tools--> keymapping
it will turn my page even if is zoomed.
I don't seem to be able to have both things.

I'm considering to unlock the device and install last booxstor's firmware (and ubuntu eventually) but i'm afraid to lose forever this natural binding.

Did i failed to understand some setting?

Last edited by underscore; 08-02-2013 at 07:34 AM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:56 AM   #112
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Hi,
onyx m92 with artatech firmware 1.8 20130407.
I'm keeping the old pdfreader set for pdf because i'm not able to reproduce on the new one the same joystick binding i use for reading newspapers (italian "corriere della sera" is 55x40 centimeters).

Would be great that a change of firmware update also the onboard manual that still refers to 1.6 :-)

Anyway
On the ancient pdfreader
"left" goes to previous page
"right" goest to next page.
BUT if you decide to zoom the page, let's say at 200%, so to reproduce the dimension of a "real" newspaper, the joystick (left/right/up/down)
let you move the portion of the page you are watching, very naturally, sticking to the page.

On the new one, if i choose "page turn" from tools--> keymapping
it will turn my page even if is zoomed.
I don't seem to be able to have both things.

I'm considering to unlock the device and install last booxstor's firmware (and ubuntu eventually) but i'm afraid to lose forever this natural binding.

Did i failed to understand some setting?
i'm still not using a newer firmware for the reason above...
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:24 AM   #113
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Hyperlinks

There are problems with how both FBReader & Cool Reader handle epub hyperlinks, as I documented in this thread.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #114
einkuser
Enthusiast
einkuser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th generation, Onyx Boox Nova
Wishlist for future firmware updates

Here are my ideas for what I think are important features for any firmware update:

(1) Margins, spacing and extra font support for 'pdf reader' when handling epubs. I think this is probably the most important feature and absolutely necessary, as it is a basic for any e-reading experience. 'FBReader' doesn't offer any annotation support and cover-art and other images often don't appear. 'Cool Reader' is unfortunately broken, other than the same problems with 'FBReader'

(2) Different highlighting colours for annotations. Currently it is black on white, so may be grey on black could be added? When the user chooses to highlight, then there is an option to choose one of these shades.

(3) Finally, and this may be far off or not even feasible, the ability to annotate or highlight without the stylus. This could be through a cursor, as is the case with the Kindle DX or the basic Kindle.

Just some ideas for improvement!
einkuser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs, coolreader, fbreader, onyx boox, whislist