Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Review of Kindle on Danish TV

There was a very positive review of the DX (mostly) on Danish TV last night.

For all you millions of Danish speakers who missed it you can see it here
http://www.dr.dk/DR2/Soeinding/Progr...3/23101505.htm
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Don't understand a word of Danish, but I enjoyed it. Haven't seen anything so detailed in the US. It sounded like he was complaining about either the lack of Danish books or the surcharge. Did I pick that up correctly?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Good stuff... My friends in Denmark don't understand what I'm talking about, when I mention my kindle... Maybe that'll now change.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Good, balanced and in-depth review. An e-book and Kindle 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Don't understand a word of Danish, but I enjoyed it. Haven't seen anything so detailed in the US. It sounded like he was complaining about either the lack of Danish books or the surcharge. Did I pick that up correctly?
He complained about geo restictions and limited functionality outside USA, plus lack of Danish content. That's why it only got 2 out of 6, because he praised the general usability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Good stuff... My friends in Denmark don't understand what I'm talking about, when I mention my kindle... Maybe that'll now change.
You can tell them that Bog & Idé has started to sell ebook readers - and that those readers can use the files from ebib.dk and ebog.dk (still only PDF, but EPUB should be in the works).
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Despite living here my language skills are not much better than yours I have to confess (Danes speak such terrific English I'm not really incentivised to get better - which is a really crap excuse but can't do any better at the moment). Ebook reader take-up in Denmark seems rather slow - though the public library system does have ebooks for loan. Hopefully the TV piece will give it a bit of a boost, though I suspect the development of commercial Danish language ebooks will not be rapid, simply because there are only about 5 and a half million Danish speakers in the world - and many of those choose to read in English anyway.
Anyway, posting the link allowed me to accrue some good karma (real karma, not MR karma (though I did get some of that too), after I started a discussion on General Discussions about Kindles, which seems to have provoked one of those slanging matches.
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
KunoK
Connoisseur
KunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3, Boox 60, K3, Sony T1, Sandra has a Sony505, 650, K3
With me writing in this thread, I think we are up to 3 danish speaking and 1 living in Denmark, in this thread. It will soon be known as the great danish ebook reader thread. Pretty soon most of the posts in MR will be in danish. You'd better begin your danish lessons.
Seriously, I don't meet many people who know that ebooks exist. Besides my girlfriend, who introduced me to ebook readers, I know a colleague who has a kindle2.
I am looking forward to watching "So ein Ding" shortly.
KunoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
TGS
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KunoK View Post
With me writing in this thread, I think we are up to 3 danish speaking and 1 living in Denmark, in this thread. It will soon be known as the great danish ebook reader thread. Pretty soon most of the posts in MR will be in danish. You'd better begin your danish lessons.
Seriously, I don't meet many people who know that ebooks exist. Besides my girlfriend, who introduced me to ebook readers, I know a colleague who has a kindle2.
I am looking forward to watching "So ein Ding" shortly.
And I was showing my ereader to a Russian colleague living in Denmark today - so pretty soon we may be heading for double figures!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by KunoK View Post
Luckily, Danish is my mother tongue I remember one or two other Danes who used to hang around, but I haven't seen them in a while.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote