Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
mojoyoyo
mojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Wifi
Kobo Wifi internal microSD recovery

My Kobo Wifi's internal microSD is dead, and so the reader is not working. I have extracted the microSD and checked it in Ubuntu. There are the three partitions, but the first one is not accessible, it is somehow corrupted. This happens with the fat partition too....
I can access the second partition, the "factory reset" partition, so I've formatted the first partition in ext2 file system and copy the second partition into it, but it's been useless my kobo is still dead.

Are there any chances to rescue my kobo?
Can someone upload a backup image of the internal microSD?

Thanks in advance
mojoyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Darth_Bane
Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Sony PRS-505 and PRS-300, Kobo Wifi, Touch and Mini, Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoyoyo View Post
My Kobo Wifi's internal microSD is dead, [snip]
Are there any chances to rescue my kobo?
Can someone upload a backup image of the internal microSD?
I have the proverbial good news/bad news for you. It can be done; I've replaced my friend's dead MicroSD with a newly programmed one, and I've got the image saved away.

Now the bad news. Maybe this is a question for a developer, but are the "keys" that make a reader unique on the image or somewhere else? Also, I don't have the bandwidth to upload a 2GB (400MB compressed) image file.

If someone can confirm the keys thing, I'd be glad to program your MicroSD. PM me.
Darth_Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
mojoyoyo
mojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura aboutmojoyoyo has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for your answer Darth_Bane, I'm glad to hear that there is, or could be, some kind of solution.
About the "keys thing", my second partition in the microsd is ok, and i've made a backup of it. Since that second partition is used for factory reset the kobo, is ti possible to find those "keys" in it?

Thanks again for your help
Old 09-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
mojoyoyo

Thank you for your answer Darth_Bane, I'm glad to hear that there is, or could be, some kind of solution.
About the "keys thing", my second partition in the microsd is ok, and i've made a backup of it. Since that second partition is used for factory reset the kobo, is ti possible to find those "keys" in it?

Thanks again for your help
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Darth_Bane
Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Darth_Bane knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Sony PRS-505 and PRS-300, Kobo Wifi, Touch and Mini, Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoyoyo View Post
Like I said, I do not know if the data that makes a Kobo unique is in the MicroSD or somewhere else.

I'll ask in the Developer's forum and we'll see if someone answers.
Darth_Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert