Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #421
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Thanks knc1. I am having a rollicking good time here. Kindle Collections is working. Now reinstalling JBPatch. Then have to see what to do about the screen saver. Darn me for leaving the wifi on lol!
Bottom of my most recent HowTo post (about the Kindle firewall) - there you will find the "Block Big Brother" rule-set.

hope you took the recommended music breaks.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #422
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Well does hearing Don't Stop Believing in my mind count as a music break?

I don't see that the screen saver files have been updated so I am just re-installing the same .bin that I used before.

I will check out that big brother info, thanks!

*phew* my screen savers are back! I only have 2 in there, I should make some more.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #423
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post

Other Notes:
  • To integrate Collections Manager with the GUI Launcher or KUAL, and/or to hide Collections Manager from the Home Screen, see this post. Note that the launcher script has to be edited to use the correct filename (CollectionsManager.azw2, not KTCollectionsManager.azw2).
  • On 5.1.x Firmwares, the search bar disappears if the device enters sleep mode and wakes up again. There is no known workaround, but you could just actually use the device, so that it doesn't enter sleep mode ... or simply restart the application.
  • On Firmwares >= 5.2.0, the search functionality is not available.
A fixed up KUAL package for this HERE from the KUAL support notes post HERE
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #424
Northwind
Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Northwind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the collection manager.
Without it, the K3 would have been my last kindle.
Northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #425
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
To integrate Collections Manager with the GUI Launcher or KUAL, and/or to hide Collections Manager from the Home Screen, see this post. Note that the launcher script has to be edited to use the correct filename (CollectionsManager.azw2, not KTCollectionsManager.azw2).
Maybe you could fix that up now?

: )

Quote:
To integrate Collections Manager with the GUI Launcher or KUAL, and/or to hide Collections Manager from the Home Screen, see this post. (new Url)

Note that the launcher script has to be edited to use the correct filename (CollectionsManager.azw2, not KTCollectionsManager.azw2).

A KUAL Luancher package for this in now available HERE
Titano still gets the credits so no harm no foul. and people can do one less step

Last edited by twobob; 02-08-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #426
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
So, because I am a bit dim when it comes to fiddling around in the internals of any electron using device, is the file I should download the one linked on page 29, last post?
For a jailbroken PW?
Thank you
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #427
twobob

I would recommend that one (from the Support Notes Post)
as the other one is know not to work with the KUAL launcher.

For two reasons.

1) The old one actually referenced the .azw2 filename incorrectly and requires user intervention before it would call the right file.
This is fixed in the one linked from the Support Notes Post.

2) The old one has some spaces in the folder name
Quote:
ERROR Extensions with spaces in their folder name aren't parsed.
SOLUTION Remove space from folder name. This is a FIXME! for us...
This is fixed in the one linked from the Support Notes Post.

Check out the the Support Notes Post for further details.

My apologies hope that is a little clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addendum
This extension merely facilitates the invocation of a "kindlet" via the menu and is not a replacement for collections manager itself. The main Collections manager kindlet can be hidden from the main Kindle Home menu as noted on the the Support Notes Post under Notes
Hope that helps

Last edited by twobob; 02-08-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #428
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, got that. Many thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #429
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

Sorry, one more question. Where on the kindle do I put the two files?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #430
twobob

The KUAL prerequisistes?

The go on the FAT root

I will update the notes

The CollectionsManager KUAL Extension stuff would go in FAT-ROOT/extensions

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326
Support section
Quote:
YOU WILL NEED TO PUT STUFF IN YOUR EXTENSIONS FOLDER FOR THIS TO BE USEFUL.

This is simply a folder called extensions located in the ROOT of the drive WHEN YOU ATTACH VIA USB TO FAT. This folder will be created by KUAL with a single test script if you forget to make one in advance of running the program for the first time.

"What? that really obvious place right where all the other default folders are?"
"Yep, put stuff there.. in the folder called extensions
So extension stuff goes there

Last edited by twobob; 02-09-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #431
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

Thank you again. sorry to be so stupid, but this is like a maze to me.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #432
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

Yeehah! Collections and the launcher working like a charm. On a paperwhite running 5.3.3 and done with your kind and patient help. Thank you very much, ixtab and twobob.
Think I will just do some reading for a while, that lot made my admittedly tiny brain fizz a bit.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #433
twobob

Thanks for your kind report.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #434
BarbaSan
BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BarbaSan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2nd Gen + Paperwhite
@ixtab
Small contribution to your work. Italian localization.
Thank you

Last edited by BarbaSan; 02-11-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: specify intended target
BarbaSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #435
engnrd
blargh
engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Yay, collections manager works again for me! I've had my PW in airplane mode since it first killed my jailbreak, so I'm still at 5.3.0. Is there any reason I might want to let it update to 5.3.3 and then do the jailbreak again? Or should I just leave it in airplane mode, do you think?
engnrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks