Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #1
devious
Voracious Reader
devious began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Original, Touch, Aura, Aura HD, Glo HD, Aura One
Kobo Aura One - Hours of Reading stat

I apologize if there is already a thread for this, but I searched around for awhile and couldn't find anything.

Ever since I installed patch 4.2.8432 on my Kobo Aura One, the stat for "hours of reading" has become wildly inaccurate. For example, the last two books that I read took around 2-3 hours each, but "hours of reading" told me around 8 hours each.

My device is set to sleep after 15 minutes and power off after 1 hour, and I always manually put it to sleep when I'm done reading. So I don't think that it's an issue of having the ereader powered on overnight.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, have you found a fix?

Many thanks in advance.
devious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:29 AM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
I have observed some erratic counting as well, but it wasn't all "positive". One time it has clearly over-counted and one time it has clearly under-counted. I do reset the counter after every charge and out of 6-7 charge cycles it only messed up twice so far. Sorry, no idea how to fix it.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2017, 02:11 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I'm still running firmware version 4.2.811 on my Aura One--and my reading stats have been very inaccurate since I got my reader. I've had my reader for about 45 days now (received it just after the first of the year) and it currently shows that I've spent a total of 315.4 hours reading. That equates to about 7 hours a day. I'm lucky to get 1/2 an hour a day reading time during the week and maybe 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours on the weekend. So a more accurate number would be 35-45 hours total reading time. I just laugh when I check it. Right now I'm 49% through with the current book I'm reading, and the reader shows that I've spent 22.9 hours reading the book and have about 4 hours to go. (The 4 hours remaining seems fairly accurate.)
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Maybe the stats have been fixed in the new 4.3.8842 firmware. Only way to know is to try it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:37 PM   #5
devious
Voracious Reader

Mine has always been accurate (on all of my Kobo devices) and this is the first time this has happened.

I'm downloading and installing the new update as I type this (this has got to be the earliest my device has received a firmware update - I normally wait weeks for them to arrive). I will post an update once I've read a few more books.
Advert
Old 02-23-2017, 01:37 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by devious View Post
I'm downloading and installing the new update as I type this (this has got to be the earliest my device has received a firmware update - I normally wait weeks for them to arrive). I will post an update once I've read a few more books.
Apparently, this should be going out to everyone within a week.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:38 PM   #7
devious
Voracious Reader

Nope, no change with firmware update. However, I think I've further refined the problem. It appears to happen only with books that I'm re-reading. It doesn't reset to zero, but rather keeps adding to the stats from the last time it was read.

Tags
"hours of reading" aura, 4.2.8432, kobo