Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 10-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I agree with you for the most part, bhaggerty, but I think the stylus/notation capability is more important than you see it as being. I think the ability mark up documents and send them back or on to someone else is necessary to truly take over most of the paper usage in our work worlds.

Lawyers, doctors, professors, news people, office workers from clercks all the way to CEO's, and at least a thousand other possibilities.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:45 AM   #32
staretek
staretek began at the beginning.

As to the latest news of eREAD STAReBOOK , Please refer to HttP://www.stareread.com

It is expected that A Market Campaign is about to start in the early period of Nov.

Pictures listed before is just a inperfect sample picture. As to final ones please refer to address:

staretek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:19 AM   #33
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
The photos and news of STAReBOOK in the official website:
http://www.stareread.com.my/STAREBOOK.htm

The supported formats are TXT, HTM, and "STK" (eREADER's format)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebook4.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1961  
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #34
Ebook lover
NUUT, Cybook Device
Ebook lover began at the beginning.

Device: O2
Starebook is a device where 200 million contents will be free!! I think that is the most acttractive part of this device.
Ebook lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #35
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Uh-huh. So will these 200 million contents also be legal? How will that work?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #36
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The content is provided by http://www.isoshu.com/... not sure whether it's all legal or what.

I added the STK-101 to our Matrix. If you have more information, feel free to expand it.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #37
NatCh
Gizmologist

Do these look oddly similar to anyone else?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PRS-500 vs STK-101.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	2294  
Old 11-29-2006, 12:33 PM   #38
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Do these look oddly similar to anyone else?
MUAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
MUAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, makes me a bit (more) skeptical about this "free" content.

I mean, sheesh, you can still see the Reader's buttons under the dropped in starebook image in the lower, right-hand image (along the edge). C'mon guys.

Last edited by NatCh; 11-29-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #40
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Y
I mean, sheesh, you can still see the Reader's buttons under the dropped in starebook image in the lower, right-hand image (along the edge). C'mon guys.
So, Nathan, would you call this "Hardware Piracy" or "Image Piracy"?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #41
NatCh
Gizmologist

Um, how about "Hardware Image Piracy?"
Old 11-30-2006, 02:50 AM   #42
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
That is so hilarious ... they did not even bother to take a new pic?? ... or perhaps they are the OEM for Sony Reader?
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #43
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy!
That is so hilarious ... they did not even bother to take a new pic?? ... or perhaps they are the OEM for Sony Reader?
I'm beginning to think it's more like disrespect.

Here's a press release from them where they claim to have "beaten" Sony, whom they apparently consider the industry leader:
Quote:
A world lightest and thinnest ebook reader was firstly launched in the Cheng Du today. It is learned that this kind of the ebook reader has successfully beaten the leader of this industry – SONY, and be the most advanced technology in the world now.
As near as I can tell, they mean that they're the "most advanced" because their reader is the "thinnest and lightest" -- the article suffers from indifferent xlation, and it doesn't really say much. Certainly they haven't beaten the Sony Reader on price or sales (they're a hundred bucks more, and they just launched).

A friend who played with their software (which apparently gave his anti-virus software conniptions, BTW) sent me some screen caps which I've attached. I haven't played with the software myself, nor am I likely to after his experience, but all I'd want to see is these screen caps show anyway, so....

From the caps, the book he looked at looks like a scan & OCR job. They did include the copyright info, which is a bit ironic, given my increasing suspicion that their content may be 'free' because they didn't pay for it in the first place.

As you can see, there's also an ad-space at the front, so they're clearly expecting some revenue from that.

Beyond that, apparently a lot of the english covers they show sport the Amazon "look inside" logos on them, so it would seem that ... borrowing the Sony marketing pix isn't an isolated thing.

It seems to me that if this is a good product, then it'll stand on its own well enough. While I am a bit put off by what seems to be their attitude toward other folks' property rights, the hardware (what little we actually know about it) looks reasonably nice. The light, thin (apparently plastic) case makes me want to hold it in my hand before I decide whether how durable it might be. I'm also concerned about the apparent disinterest in any formats other than their proprietary one. That seems like a bit of a step backwards to me.

They have a bunch of other releases (four just yesterday) here, but they seem to be more of the same: vaunting, low on actual info, and indifferently xlated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Copyright.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	2307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Formatting.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	2308   Click image for larger version

Name:	ads.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	2309  

Last edited by NatCh; 12-01-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:20 AM   #44
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'm not sure about you guys...but this whole starthing is starting to seriously annoy me. I'm always for a new ereader on the market...but this advertising campaign is a bit (or rather a lot) of hot air.

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread...provide us with a sample...we'll give it a go, compare it to the other ereaders around (the Iliad and the Sony Reader and of course the Hanlin V8) and then we'll see how the device compares.

And please...stop spamming the forum with pointless press-releases and ads.

Thanks.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #45
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I removed the previous message. Any further posts on the STAReBOOK which include only meaningless content such as "I love it!" will be deleted without further notice.