Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Did not need my netbook!

I went out of town for a couple of days; and although I brought my netbook with me, I found I did need it with my edge. I learned two things, save weight and leave my netbook behind if it's a short trip and be careful not to turn the WiFi switch off by mistake. Seriously, if you are thinking about buying one or own one and make short trips, it's great. We drove and I read the whole way, there and back, plus had quick easy access to the web and my email at the hotel.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
henry_moh
Edge User

Sadly, I don't think eDGe can replace a netbook. I need more function beyond a mobile system.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Not replace it entirely, but, on a short pleasure trip, it did do everything I needed. If I had been working, or needed to do extensive writing it would have been awkward.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
henry_moh
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Not replace it entirely, but, on a short pleasure trip, it did do everything I needed. If I had been working, or needed to do extensive writing it would have been awkward.
And eDGe is too fancy. Even if I am not to use the e-ink side, lots of people will stop by me to ask me to explain how that side works, and it is also hard. Sometimes it is annoying. =) =(