Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
Help With .pdf Books

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I haven't been able to find the information I am looking for.

I have a few .pdf books on my Kindle, but the problem is the text is teeny tiny and I can't hardly read it. Is there anything I can do to "fix" these .pdf ebooks so that the text is large enough to read without having to use the pan and zoom feature? In other words, I just want to read them like I do any other ebook. Oh, and these books are all just text, no pictures, graphics, or any of that.

I am using a Kindle 2 (US Version) running the latest firmware (2.5.2 I think is what it is).
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Pickering
Connoisseur
Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
Calibre

You can use a program like Calibre to convert the pdf to an ebook format.
Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you don't want to convert them you can try reading in landscape mode and see if that makes the text big enough for you.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
I have tried the landscape feature, but unfortunately, it doesn't help, and still requires pan and sweep.

I will look into Calibre. Is it complicated?
===========
EDIT:
===========

I just downloaded Calibre, and I want to thank you all for recommending it! I have a few .pdf books that the authors gave me free because I already bought hard copies, and I converted them and can finally read them without a microscope! The conversion isn't perfect, but it's good enough for me! THANK YOU ALL!

Oh, and to answer my own question: no, it isn't complicated at all. It's fast, free, and easy!

Last edited by HaggisMacJedi; 06-16-2010 at 10:23 AM.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
mado66
mado66 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
you can also use stanza, that will allow you to export your ebook in another format.
mado66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert