Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
pfellner
pfellner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
need to convert PDF to Kindle - Help!

I have recently purchased a Kindle and am trying to learn how to convert PDF files to load onto it. It has the new software that will allow it to read them natively but quite honestly, they display poorly. A friend recommended that I convert them. Can some one recommend a good way to do that?

thanks

pfellner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Amazon has a conversion service via e-mail, see Sending Personal Documents to Kindle. Since the Kindle 2 now supports native PDFs, you must type "Convert" in the subject of the e-mail when you submit your personal document to your @kindle.com (or @free.kindle.com) address. It will then be converted to AZW (MOBI) format.

Windows MobiPocket Reader will do a similar conversion on your PC (import PDF, export MOBI). Calibre can also convert PDF to MOBI for the Kindle.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert