Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
babychaos
babychaos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sharing some of my books with a friend

Not sure if this is something that is possible from Calibre, but am I able to share selected books from my library with a friend. I have been through the help sections of the guide and could not work out how to enable this.

Thanks
babychaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The closest thing I can think of short of saving the books to a usb stick is to use the content server. Thats not my area of expertise so I'll leave that to others.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have various options:

1) use save to disk to save the books onto a usb drive
2) Setup emailling of books from the connect/share button
3) Use the calibre content server to share over the internet
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote