Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #31
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
You need to set a static IP address in the correct range for USB networking on the Kindle. Go look at a guide.

"This connection has limited or no connectivity" = There is no internet connection
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #32
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
How do asign one manually? I thought Kindle had an IP address already.
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #33
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
How do asign one manually? I thought Kindle had an IP address already.
The Kindle does. Your PC doesn't.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #34
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
So I have to assign an IP address to my computer? How do I do that (I'm using Windows 7/XP)?
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #35
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Hi Stonecold,
Click on the network icon at the bottom right. Open "Network and Sharing Center". Click on "Manage network connections". Right-click your connection, choose "Properties". Uncheck IPv6, click on IPv4, click Properties. You can specify an IP address and assign your DNS in that window.
playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 12:17 AM   #36
ScoutPilot
Enthusiast
ScoutPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket, Kindle 2, Kindle 3 3G+WiFi
The Pain! My head hurts...
ScoutPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #37
cooler66
cooler66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle-K4S, PW2IL
I made the dumb mistake of enabling usbnetwork without knowing what I am doing. Is there a way to disable it using KUAL?

*Note*: KUAL enable "restore to default" for usbnetwork. Problem solved.

Last edited by cooler66; 10-18-2014 at 07:06 AM.
cooler66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #38
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by playful View Post
Hi Stonecold,

Crossing my fingers for you... You'll probably manage it.
In the process, it sounds like you'll learn some fascinating stuff.

Andy
like that a wise person backs up all of their valuable personal documents BEFORE trying a half-understood hack on their device
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, kindle 3, problem, usb network