Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
PRS 900 importing problem

Hi, I am kind of new to ebooks, just got my PRS 900 about a month ago and just downloaded Calibre last week. So far I am loving both and trying to figure out how things work. Here's my problem. I have books on my reader but not in Calibre, since I got the reader first. I try to add them to Calibre and they are not moving. When I do "add books" I get a sub menu asking about directories. So how do I get books from the reader into Calibre so that I can organize, tag them, get metadata etc.?
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you are running 0.7.3 or later, you plug in your device and wait for calibre to see it. You then go to the device view to see the books on the reader. Select the books you want to copy to the library, right-click, pick 'Add books to library', and you should have satisfaction.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
tponzo
Addict

that worked. thank you.

No it didn't quite work. When I tried again I realized that calibre is not reading all of the books I have on my reader. It's only picking up about half of them.

Last edited by tponzo; 06-21-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: new info
Old 06-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tponzo View Post
No it didn't quite work. When I tried again I realized that calibre is not reading all of the books I have on my reader. It's only picking up about half of them.
When you connect to calibre there may be two icons for the reader in the library bar. One for internal memory and one for the SD card. If you are using the SD card to hold books you will have select the SD library and add those books to calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
tponzo
Addict

no nothing in the SD card yet. I'm trying to get everything formatted and in collections the way I want it before I put things on external storage. I tried again today. About half of the books on my reader are not showing up on calibre when I try to import books from the reader.

Tags
sony prs 900