Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #271
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Looking at the code the error messages point to, there is a problem with the custom column you are using for the annotations. Something could have happened to the configuration. Can you check that you have the correct custom column selected? And that it has the correct type. It needs to be "Long text, like comments, not shown in the tag browser".

The reason for latter part of the suggestion is the presence of the Zotero Metadata Importer plugin. I know it adds a new datatype for text type columns. I suspect the column you are using for annotations has been affected by this. If you have uninstalled this plugin, it probably has left the column definition.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-04-2016 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Apparently I was wrong about this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #272
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DaltonST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: 8" Windows 10 Tablet
ZMI does NOT add a new datatype for text type columns

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Looking at the code the error messages point to, there is a problem with the custom column you are using for the annotations. Something could have happened to the configuration. Can you check that you have the correct custom column selected? And that it has the correct type. It needs to be "Long text, like comments, not shown in the tag browser".

The reason for latter part of the suggestion is the presence of the Zotero Metadata Importer plugin. I know it adds a new datatype for text type columns. I suspect the column you are using for annotations has been affected by this. If you have uninstalled this plugin, it probably has left the column definition.
No, ZMI does NOT add a new datatype for text type columns. I have no idea why you "know" that it does.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-04-2016 at 10:47 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #273
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
No, ZMI does NOT add a new datatype for text type columns. I have no idea why you "know" that it does.
My apologies. I vaguely followed the thread were petzi was trying to set things up. All the problems appeared to related to columns and their datatypes. Then when you proposed changes to add a new datatype, I made the assumption that the ZMI plugin was doing something under the covers. If that is not the case, then my apologies.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #274
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: PW2, KOA, iPad3, iPhone 6+
Sorry for the late answer and thanks for the suggestion:

Quote:
Can you check that you have the correct custom column selected? And that it has the correct type. It needs to be "Long text, like comments, not shown in the tag browser".
Yes, I checked this: The custom column I did create and have chosen to store the imported notes from the annotation plug-in did have the correct type.

But I noted another strange thing: The plug-in works with my other databases. Copying the database where I had the problems to another place solved the problem.

But I am not sure if this really was the cause which solved my problem: I experimented with other things as well: Deleting the old column and creating another one. De-installing and installing the plug-in again etc.

But as for now: it works!
petzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:58 AM   #275
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

In that case, I don't know what went wrong. The only thing I can think is that with adding and removing columns to get ZMI working, something went wrong. There might be a problem if the annotation column is deleted after the plugins configuration is done. I need to check this and add a warning for it if needed.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:46 AM   #276
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.4.11

I have just updated the plugin to version 1.4.11. This is to catch up on the various changes in the betas from earlier in the year. The fixes are:
  • Kindle: Add second Spanish identifiers.
  • KoboTouch: Fix "Last Annotation" timestamp in import dialog
  • KoboTouch: Annotation timestamp now shown in local time
  • KoboTouch: Change database queries to improve performance.
  • KoboTouch: Change to use apsw instead of sqlite3

The last change is the only one not in the previous betas. This is to bring the plugin into line with the changes in the KoboTouch driver.

As usual, the update will be available through calibre in the next hour or so. Or you can download it from the first post. And if you see any problems, please report them here.