Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Arc, Kindle Paperwhite
Non-Kobo cases for Arc

Has anyone bought a non-Kobo case for their Arc? I bought the official one and I was not impressed. Expensive and mediocre design.

Has anyone had any luck with non-Kobo cases?
nmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Eh. A case is a case. As long as it's got enough interior room for a 4.75x7.5" and no hard bits inside (like flaps to tuck documents in and suchlike) to scrape, that's all that matters.

Last edited by JD Gumby; 03-21-2013 at 11:57 AM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I ordered this one
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/261157210722?...84.m1439.l2649

The price was right! It works well, fits well, isn't bulky, supports the sleep function, and I love the colour (I got the blue one). Shipping was free and arrived very quickly. (I'm in Canada)
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
A good place to check is The Source. Lot's of selection.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
I ordered this one

The price was right! It works well, fits well, isn't bulky, supports the sleep function, and I love the colour (I got the blue one). Shipping was free and arrived very quickly. (I'm in Canada)
I got one of those over a year ago for my Vox. They're very well-designed for each model with openings and cutouts in all the appropriate locations, better than the OEM Kobo Vox case, which had no cutout to show the power light.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
kimicocopop
kimicocopop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch, kindle fire, possibly Kobo Arc
Belkin makes a decent universal one. It's got the elastic corner straps but they're more secure than the normal elastic corner ones. I've used one on another tablet forever and the tablet never slipped out. It slitly covers the volume and power buttons but they are still accessable so it's not a problem.
kimicocopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Arc, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
I ordered this one

I just got mine in the mail a few days ago. Some minor homemade tweaks made it perfect! Thanks for the suggestion.
nmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
LoveSweetLove
LoveSweetLove began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
I got a really cute one that looks like a leather book cover from Homesense for $7!
LoveSweetLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
My daughter-in-law got a really smart looking Targus case from Walmart. I don't see it at Walmart on line, but I see it elsewhere on line for $35, a bit pricey. Then again, Kobo sold their cases for $40.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote