Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #31
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
I have the 32gb versioin...but even with 16gb...get Dropbox, box.com, and google drive alone... you have 17gb of free storage.... add skydrive(gulp) and icloud(double gulp) and you have a double cappuccino extra whip cream, hold the mayo, side of ketchup, salsa, soy sauce and a bit of garlic on the side I'm on a diet and nobody knows it.... and you still have heaps of room for some films and music should the need arise...
I agree 100%. I have a 16GB model and currently have 220 apps installed and 6GB left of unused space. Keeping things in the cloud really opens up room on your device.

Currently I have Dropbox, Skydrive, Google Drive, Copy.com apps installed on my Nexus. This currently provides me access to approximately 350GB of free cloud storage.

The only cloud storage option here that is problematic is Google drive. If you max out Google drive's space sending and receiving emails could stop if not addressed quickly. Additionally the way Google drive handles file revisions causes Calibre's ebook library to die.

The cloud storage option I've been experimenting with over the last 2 months is Copy.com (see my signature). I have my photos and screenshots automatically uploaded to the cloud. I have also been storing my calibre ebook library in this cloud space and using this service to sync between my work computer and my home computer. So far this service works fine.

On another topic I use PlayOn media server on my home PC so I can stream any of my local media (movies / TV / music) to my Nexus 7 via any wifi. Also I can stream video from multiple web sites like Netflix or Huluplus and radio and music from cloud apps. Even the photo site Flickr now allows you 1TB of storage for your photos free and a great app to use with the site.

Bottom line is 16GB is a lot more space than one might think given all of the cloud options around.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-05-2013 at 12:28 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #32
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Cheers mate...did not know of Copy.com... will use your link to help.... but when I am sober... have downed a couple of beers, 3 shots of shouchu and working on a vodka on the rocks.....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #33
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Bottom line is 16GB is a lot more space than one might think given all of the cloud options around.
Unfortunately, the cloud isn't always an option although I reckon it's likely good enough for a lot of folks. Lack of expandable storage or large local storage is a big downer for me so my Nexus 7 mostly went unused. However, one thing I really appreciate about the Nexus 7 is it paved the way for feature-packed low-cost tablets. Personally looking forward to the Asus MeMO Pad HD 7.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #34
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
I thought there were glass problems with the earlier versions.. bought my 32GB Nexus 7 in February, don't have any major problems so far except recently, it refuses to connect to my wifi at home anymore. Only seems to connect to wifi at school where I mainly use my tablet during lectures. I did get insurance on it, so I'll have to get it looked at. Heard a few other people were having this problem as well.
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #35
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Look closely at the Asus fonetab. IMHO an amazing bargain. Yes it also makes phone calls but the 3g connectivity combined with every other aspect of this tablet means it literally is an all in one device. The only minus is the lack of a rear camera in some markets. 3g,micro SD up to 64gb, USB otg, bluetooth, WiFi, same screen as nexus 7.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #36
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
Slight update; Managed to get the wifi working on my Nexus! Turns out all it took was a new wifi network at home. So if anyone else was having this problem, maybe you should try a new network and see if it works
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote