Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2015, 05:04 AM   #466
adamslast
adamslast began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6"
Is build13 applicable to v3.12.1 in Aura ?
adamslast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:15 AM   #467
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony (J) PRS 650, Kobo Mini and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamslast View Post
Is build13 applicable to v3.12.1 in Aura ?
I've used the file found in the first post on the Glo and Aura HD (fw 3.12.1) and everything works just fine
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:58 PM   #468
adamslast
adamslast began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I've used the file found in the first post on the Glo and Aura HD (fw 3.12.1) and everything works just fine
Thanks. I'll try it on Aura.
adamslast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #469
surquizu
Addict
surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.surquizu is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O
The traycoldr version of NightMode works well in the aura H2O with firmware 3.13.1
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #470
Glottis
Glottis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
The traycoldr version of NightMode works well in the aura H2O with firmware 3.13.1
Does it solve the ghosting issues?
Glottis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #471
akorx
Groupie
akorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi Yoq, Davidfor and Kevinshort ! hi the others too, I don't forget you !

You know like me that the slider is too sensitive to adjust the brightness... so I've got an idea : when we toggle on the light, could you add a function that open a screen with 5 buttons : "-" , "+", "favorite", "store" and "exit" ?

- "-" : will reduce the light with a step of 1
- "+" : will incease the light with a step of 1
- "store" : the actual value will be store as your favorite setting
- "favorite" : will set the light to your favorite setting
- "exit" : quit the screen

What do you think of this idea?

I've already suggested this idea to the devellopers of firmwares... I wanted to add thoose 5 buttons under the slider when they have rejected my idea because it's not one of the priority for them.

NB : sorry for my bad english again... I hope you will understand what I mean.

Last edited by akorx; 04-05-2015 at 04:54 PM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:30 AM   #472
akorx
Groupie
akorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseakorx juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi guys,

What do you think about this idea ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:09 AM   #473
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O
Personally, those options are overkill. If Kobo changed the plus/minus to a single step rather than 10, it would be all that is needed. As we can tap anywhere along the slider to adjust, that can be done for the course adjustment, then the single step plus/minus for fine tuning. I don't have a need for any of the rest. I adjust when I need it according to how light it is. Storing a single favourite wouldn't help me. In any case, adjusting the light by sliding my finger down the side is easy.

If you want the single step, I am pretty sure that there is a patch for the firmware to do this. Just look in the patch thread for the firmware you are using.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:49 PM   #474
rhinogirl88
rhinogirl88 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Worked perfectly on my Kobo Aura H2O (fw 3.12.1). I just added the file in the installer folder to my .kobo folder on my eReader and restarted and night mode was working right away. Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
hi all,
I introduces some new features on nightMode (based on v13 of nightMode).

Expecially the firts one may be of interests to Kobo H2O owners, since it allows to enable/disable nightmode without the need of a physical button and without adding any other tool (like ksm) on top of standard Kobo Nickel app.
But it may be useful to other model owners too, since it allows to execute any script from Nickel app.
  • Brightness-controlled actions
    you can use brightness level to trigger nightmode enable/disable, or even launch any linux command / script.
    The idea is: you associate an action to execute to a (configurable) brightness level (typically: a value that normally you don't use, let's say 34%). Then, when you set brightness using Kobo UI to that level, and maintain it for a (configurable) number of seconds (for example: 5 s), the associated action is triggered.
    You can configure in theory 101 custom action, one for each brightness level between 0 and 100.
    Configuration is done on nightmode.ini.
  • Brightness 1% patch
    When debugging on above feature, I discovered (but honestly, I think it's something already well-known, I vaguely remember reading something about it somewhere but cannot find it now) that when you set brightness to 1% through Kobo UI, actually Nickel send to kernel/driver the command to set it to 2%. Don't know exactly why, probably because for some reason if brightness is set to 0% (i.e. it is off) at driver level, and you set it to 1% (at driver level, making the relevant ioctl call) the light keeps off; you need to set it to 2% to turn it on. When it's already on, you can lower it to 1%.
    My patch consists in "guessing" the cases when the user probably really wants to set brightness to 1% (typically: when 1% is shown on user interface). In this case it force the set to 1%.
    Warning: the "guess" will only work in some common situations, but cannot guarantee to work in all scenario, see nightmode.ini for some further details.
    You can enable/disable this patch through nightmode.ini

I made some tests on my Kobo and everything seems to be ok (i.e.: no crash or unwanted behaviours), but I'm really a noob as C developer, so I really could have written "bad" things . USE THIS PACKAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
If you would like to test it for yourself, you can downlad (and review the source) the patch directly on github repo.
Typically, if you already have NightMode patch v13 already installed, you just need to replace the screenInv.so file, and update the nightMode.ini configuration file adding configurations related to brightness control (the file on repo is commented to explain how to configure these options).

I hope you may find it useful.
Any feedback is welcome.
rhinogirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch