Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-08-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
kroberts
kroberts began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Deleting a mobileread.com account?

Hi!

Is it possible to delete a mobileread account? If so, how does one do so? I searched the FAQ, but did not find anything about it, and I've been working to downsize my online accounts.

Thanks,
kroberts
kroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't believe you can remove an account altogether, but you can certainly remove all personal info from your profile and previous posts, and message the administrators to remove info pertaining to you from others's posts (e.g. quotes) -- they can clean up your info without totally wrecking the flow of threads you participated in.
Note: googlecache, the Internet Archive, and similar projects will not be affected.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I note this is your first post. If that is the account you wish to delete, the easiest way is to stop posting, lose the password, and treat the account as dead. There is no pre-existing content to expunge.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Mobileread does not delete accounts.

Simply do not post again, and you will be 'gone'.

Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote