Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
runningwithbulls
runningwithbulls began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WiFi
Disabling "Personal Document Charge exceeded" warning?

Hi there,

[I have cross-posted this to the Calibre forum, as it may be more suited there.]

Is there anyway to delete the "Personal Document Charge Exceeded" message that is delievered each time it trys to send a document, which exceeds the data charge limit?

I use the @kindle.com e-mail address to deliver content from Calibre, but it gets delivered over WiFi *most* days of the week, only being delivered by 3G when I am not at home.

Do I have any other option other than delivering the content to the @free.kindle.com address? If I do this, will it ever be delivered over 3G?

Its an annoyance at worst, but it would be nice if there was an option to disable this warning.

thanks in advance,

RWB
runningwithbulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
andrew121
andrew121 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G+WiFi
I'd love to have an answer to this too!
andrew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
runningwithbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew121 View Post
I'd love to have an answer to this too!
Hah, it is a pain in the ass isn't it
Old 10-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
cjottawa
Tempus fugit.
cjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwithbulls View Post
Do I have any other option other than delivering the content to the @free.kindle.com address? If I do this, will it ever be delivered over 3G?
Sending to @free.kindle.com will never go to 3G, only your WiFi connection. Can't give you any other answers, sorry!
cjottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
runningwithbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
Sending to @free.kindle.com will never go to 3G, only your WiFi connection. Can't give you any other answers, sorry!
Yeah, thats what I thought...the problem is I *sometimes* want the content to be delivered over 3G.

Back to the drawing board!

thanks,
RWB

Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
There isn't any way of turning off that message if its past the limit. I just filter it out of my email and trash it automatically.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:08 AM   #7
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Would increasing the limit be a viable option?
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #8
runningwithbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
Would increasing the limit be a viable option?
Yup, but then I'd be delivering it via Amazon, and thus would be charged, no? (I think this is the case....as I understand it..)
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #9
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwithbulls View Post
Yup, but then I'd be delivering it via Amazon, and thus would be charged, no? (I think this is the case....as I understand it..)
You'd be charged if wi-fi wasn't available and it had to come over 3G. You wouldn't be charged if wi-fi was available - in that case it would be delivered via wi-fi with no charge.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #10
runningwithbulls

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
You'd be charged if wi-fi wasn't available and it had to come over 3G. You wouldn't be charged if wi-fi was available - in that case it would be delivered via wi-fi with no charge.
Thanks Avantman..I didn't know that.

In all of the Kindle documentation/product info I read, I could not find a definate outline on 3G/WiFi interactions.

RWB
Old 10-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
If you send to the free address, you get a different message, so that doesn't solve it. As for changing the limit, Amazon says they'll reroute the converted document to your @free address ONLY if it exceeds the limit, so if you increase the limit, you will get charged.

When it comes time for delivery, then yes, it might try wifi first, but only because that's how the Kindle is already connected.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, content, delivery, free