Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
File directory corruption in IR1000S

Hi folks,

I wonder if any one experiences the file directory corruption constantly in the IR1000S.

What I normally do transfer file is to unplug the SD card and plug it in my laptop then transfer the pdf file to a specific folder made in that card. Then I unplug the card to put it back in the reader. Most of the time it works. Until for a while certain folder I could not open it. And I have updated to the newest software version. The reader will prompt: "folder cannot be opened. The card may be locked, check the card and try it again." But that is nonsense, I have my card unlocked all the time, and also I can open other folder when this message is prompting. And when I load my sd card again on the computer, I can open that exact file which having problem when inside the readers.

One solution is I have to reformat the card in order to reset everything. But I wonder if there is a better way to fix those problem?

Thanks
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:00 AM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Do chkdisk /f with your card into PC and as administrator but before copy all from card to PC. However it's easiest to copy all to PC, format and then copy all to card.

That's a relative common problem with cards. You always MUST close card before extracting (from the PC and from the DR). In Windows a simple "eject" right menu option is enough, in DR you need to use the right option in the menu.

Each time you forgot to do it you increase the probability to have those kind of problems.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
If the folder contains an sqlite journal file (I think it is name metadata.db-journal), DR will not open the folder. If you delete that file, I think you can open it. If you still can't, delete the metadata file. If you find a journal file, get a new SD card because that card is going bad. I know from personal experience. More and more folders will become unaccessible. The journal file is a transaction file of sqlite and is normally deleted by the system. When the card is going bad, it doesn't get deleted.

td

Last edited by tjdean256; 02-08-2010 at 10:21 AM.
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
You always MUST close card before extracting (from the PC and from the DR). In Windows a simple "eject" right menu option is enough, in DR you need to use the right option in the menu.

Each time you forgot to do it you increase the probability to have those kind of problems.
You don't really "have" to do this if you have "delayed write" disabled somewhere in the USB/removable disk configuration.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote