Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2014, 05:16 AM   #1
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Voyage Collection syncing

Morning all,

I'm having a small problem with collection syncing on the Voyage.

I have emailed myself a book file and I'm trying to add it to a collection. When I do so I am getting a message saying "Content Not Synced - You have added items to this collection that will not be synced with the cloud"

I have emailed myself loads of books in the past, and these have all synced into their collections just fine. Indeed, when I first turned on my Voyage and it downloaded the cloud collections all my books were in their correct collections as I had set them on my Paperwhite.

Any ideas why this I'm getting this message now?

I also had it on a book that I purchased from Amazon yesterday so I'm wondering if there is a problem with collection syncing on the Voyage.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #2
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think there is a problem with this book file.

It displays fine and I can read the book. However, if I long press on the book cover one of the menu items is 'Delete This Document' . Usually I see a "Remove From Device" menu entry.

It's as if this book is not being seen by the 'cloud' side of the Kindle.

On a book that syncs into collections normally I can press the Remove From Device menu item and the book goes. I then press on Cloud, find that book again and press on it to re-download it.

On this problem book I can press the Delete This Document menu item and again the book goes. However, when I find it in the Cloud section and try to re-download it it just stays at Queued and never re-downloads.
Advert
Old 11-07-2014, 05:43 AM   #3
Robmonster
Wizard!

Ok, I used calibre to convert this file to a Mobi ( it was /already/ a mobi file) . this new mobi file works fine after being emailed to the Kindle. I can add it to collections no problem,. there must have been a problem with the initial file.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #4
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
just read that the kindle voyage can read .epub am i right in thinking that means i can now create my document ( short children story for a friend) into epub.

but my version of calerbra doesnt see epub any idea
how
i fix that and how i use calebria to make .epub . or any other file fomat only got software today and im stuck
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:47 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by sian View Post
just read that the kindle voyage can read .epub am i right in thinking that means i can now create my document ( short children story for a friend) into epub.

but my version of calerbra doesnt see epub any idea
how
i fix that and how i use calebria to make .epub . or any other file fomat only got software today and im stuck
The Voyage cannot read epub, but it can read mobi or AZW3

Both formats are available in Calibre to convert to using the convert button. Load a RTF (rich text font) document into Calibre and use the convert button to convert it to the format you want. If your emailing it to your Kindle you will need a mobi file.

Last edited by Josieb1; 11-09-2014 at 03:51 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert