Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
taguntumi
taguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad/iPhone
Any Plans for Box.net Support

Hi

Just discovered Marvin, a great piece of software. I see you have support for Dropbox but are there any plans to support Box.net in the same way?

Reason for asking is through there giveaways I have significantly more storage there and thus that it where I keep my eBooks.

Thanks

Ian
taguntumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Please note you can load books into Marvin directly from your Box app on your iDevice. There is no pressing necessity for direct integration of Box within Marvin. I use SugarSync for my e-books, and I load them into Marvin from the SugarSync app (the "Open in..." button) -- not missing SugarSync directly in Marvin at all.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@taguntumi - I know that eventually want to do it. So far, i had a look at the APIs for Google Drive and Skydrive to get a feeling for how complex the task will be.

In the meantime as Faterson suggests, you can use the native app to "Open in..." the book. In the short term I'll be focusing on higher priority features such as better (and more complete sync), textures, vertical scrolling, side-loading fonts and a couple of ToC-related bugs that are becoming annoying.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
taguntumi
taguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thanks both. Will give that a try. Could I load from Box and sync via Dropbox?

Thanks Ian
Old 09-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by taguntumi View Post
Thanks both. Will give that a try. Could I load from Box and sync via Dropbox?

Thanks Ian
Yes, simply enable Dropbox sync in the settings of Marvin. To load a book from Box, simply open the Box app on your phone, navigate to your book and click on it, then from the pop up menu select to open in Marvin.
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by taguntumi View Post
Could I load from Box and sync via Dropbox?

Yes, there is no relation between syncing and storing in Marvin.

You can store books wherever you want, and load books into Marvin from wherever you want.

You can currently only sync via Dropbox (perhaps iCloud will be added as an alternative syncing option later on, see here).
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
taguntumi

Ok. Get it. I was thinking storage and syncing were linked.

Thanks for your help.

Ian