Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
aterry13
Enthusiast
aterry13 began at the beginning.

Device: nook str
Page Breaks disappear!

Using Calibre to convert from RTF to Epub, why do my page breaks disappear? Each chapter should have a page break, but it gets lost in the conversion. Any ideas how to fix it? I need step by step instructions if it involves any codes!
aterry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Have you checked the settings in 'Structure Detection'?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aterry13 View Post
Using Calibre to convert from RTF to Epub, why do my page breaks disappear? Each chapter should have a page break, but it gets lost in the conversion. Any ideas how to fix it? I need step by step instructions if it involves any codes!
The second half of this short section of the calibre user guide should help. You need to set your rtf chapter headings correctly then, as Gunnerp245 said, use the Convert - Structure Detection to match the rtf headings
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote