Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2023, 05:36 PM   #1
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
Post kobo elipsa 1/2 thread dump button

hello tech ppl, what is this feature?

please explain in detail.
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 02:34 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Wut??
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 03:35 PM   #3
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
I personally wasn't able to use gdb to that stage that i could dump a core dump from a secondary thread, I was only able to use breakpoints but the loading of all these libraries took ages so I just used stdout to know what is going on.

I'm not sure why would you want to bind a button click to gdb, serial exists for communication.

This is what you asked for right? right?
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 01:41 PM   #4
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Wut??
look in your basic notebook, the 3 dots near the top has an option called "Thread Dump"
Old 10-27-2023, 02:06 PM   #5
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szybet View Post
I personally wasn't able to use gdb to that stage that i could dump a core dump from a secondary thread, I was only able to use breakpoints but the loading of all these libraries took ages so I just used stdout to know what is going on.

I'm not sure why would you want to bind a button click to gdb, serial exists for communication.

This is what you asked for right? right?
are you referring to scripting?
Old 10-27-2023, 02:22 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by readthinksurvive View Post
look in your basic notebook, the 3 dots near the top has an option called "Thread Dump"
The one that only shows up when you have enabled developer mode?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 02:38 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Oooh. Now it's starting to make sense, thanks ;D.

Never played with it myself, but, check the userstore and/or the system logs and/or the telnet link.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 07:27 PM   #8
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

oh i didn't realize i had dev mode on lol
Old 10-28-2023, 08:20 PM   #9
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur

is there a full documentation on what dev mode does, specifically this 'thread dump' feature?
Old 10-29-2023, 02:22 AM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
There is no real documentation on what developer mode does. It is not an officially supported feature though it does have it's uses.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo elipsa, notebook, operating system