Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 05-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
drnvs
drnvs is on a distinguished road

Device: ebookwise, Kindle 2, Liberati
Help me please!

I have been using ebookwiseLibrarian for almost a week without any hitch. Suddenly for the past two days, the following pop-up message is displayed when I try to launch it.
"The application <inetinfo.exe> has port 80 opened. the ebookwiseLibraian cannot be started until this application is closed"
How do I solve this problem? I am not that well informed in computerese language. Please give me a followable solution in simple language!
Thanks for your help in anticipation.
drnvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
surrealmind
Connoisseur
surrealmind began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7, EB 1150, TC1100
drnvs,

Are you running a web server on your computer? Judging by your statement, "I am not well informed in computerese language," I would guess that you are not, or at least not intentionally. A Google search reveals that this is a web server process, however: (http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...tinfo.exe.html). So as far as I can tell, either a former owner or someone else in your household has run a server on this machine, or you have some form of malware. But I don't know for sure, I'm just repeating what I found on Google.

In any case, there is a solution from Microsoft (assuming it's not malware). Check out the step-by-step instructions here: (http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;321141). The service you will want to shut down is that inetinfo.exe file. If the Microsoft uninstall service doesn't list "inetinfo.exe," however, it will probably be called something like "Debugger" (again, according to what I could tell from Google). Let us know if this does the trick, because there is a relatively simple way to shut this process down immediately, but it may crash your computer.
surrealmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 01:00 AM   #3
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
surrealmind is on the right track. Skype is another program that holds port 80 open and prevents the Librarian from connecting to the reader.

If you are not already running a antivirus/malware program you should check out Microsoft's Security Essentials, it's free and found things on my PC that no other program could find. http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:51 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Drnvs. Hope someone more savvy than I am can help with your problem. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote