Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Truly pocket sized you say? Thats some darn big pockets.. ^_^
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
...i think this is not a replacement but an additional model. personally i think a 5-inch device will be really popular
Agreed. Might be the "perfect" always-accessible device (believe it or not, sometimes I leave my K1 at home ). And the possibility of a lower price point could have a huge impact on demand, imho. I also agree that the reading experience on a 5" screen is probably not significantly different than on a 6" screen. But I'd sure like to try one to see for myself.

I've been following the thread about the Astak Pocket Pro. The specs of this device sound pretty similar. Anyone know if this device has the 8-level greyscale and faster Epson controller? And exactly when it will be available?

Can you tell I'm getting kinda itchy for a new reader soon?
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Is there any indication what is the planned price including VAT in Eur?
arg, i forget, i know it will be cheaper than the Gen3, i think they said 250€ but wait for confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Truly pocket sized you say? Thats some darn big pockets.. ^_^
yes, it does depend on the pocket. it's not the size of *my* pocket, but it will fit in a man's pocket (we tested, on saturday ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Agreed. Might be the "perfect" always-accessible device (believe it or not, sometimes I leave my K1 at home ). And the possibility of a lower price point could have a huge impact on demand, imho. I also agree that the reading experience on a 5" screen is probably not significantly different than on a 6" screen. But I'd sure like to try one to see for myself.

I've been following the thread about the Astak Pocket Pro. The specs of this device sound pretty similar. Anyone know if this device has the 8-level greyscale and faster Epson controller? And exactly when it will be available?

Can you tell I'm getting kinda itchy for a new reader soon?
agreed.

i can't tell you the specs you ask about, i'm not sure, but hopefully someone else remembers.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #19
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
The memory card is micro-SD, up to 4 GB if I remember well.
If I remember correctly, one of the bookeen's guy said that they try with a 8GB SD card and it worked. Not sure if it work for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Anyone know if it's really 200 dpi? That's rather higher than the current-generation 6" screens (which IIRC are ~170 dpi).
They are in fact 166dpi to be exact. Sony advertise 170dpi, but it's false

And for the micro SD card, I saw it and it fit well inside the Opus.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #20
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
The memory card is micro-SD, up to 4 GB if I remember well.
Does this support microSDHC? Anything above 2GB should be SDHC, but perhaps microSD has the same kind of non-standard high capacity cards as SD to muddy the waters.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #21
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
I like that its a more rounded sleek look. I still wish that the readers could get rid of some more of the border around the screen. I guess its there for protection if the device drops but it sucks that the device has to have an extra inch or so on both sides, it kills the "smallness" of the device, it should have a small border like an Iphone screen or any of the touchscreen phones have, maybe go a little thicker to compensate since the devices tend to be too skinny to hold comfortably for a long time without a cover anyway. Cool device
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Anyone know if it's really 200 dpi? That's rather higher than the current-generation 6" screens (which IIRC are ~170 dpi).
All of the 5" e-INk screens are the same. Yes they are 200 ppi. Yes, that is the highest available. If people really see this as an advantage then I would expect the 6" devices to move to 1024 x 768 to achieve parity. Of course, until they are delivered the marketplace has not yet determined whether this sort of improvement is worthwhile in practice.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #23
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Does this support microSDHC? Anything above 2GB should be SDHC, but perhaps microSD has the same kind of non-standard high capacity cards as SD to muddy the waters.
I suspect it is SDHC. There were micro cards called transflash (TF) and they do muddy the water a bit. I doubt if any new reader that indicates 4G would be anything but SDHC which of course means it should go to 32 G at some point.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suspect it is SDHC. There were micro cards called transflash (TF) and they do muddy the water a bit. I doubt if any new reader that indicates 4G would be anything but SDHC which of course means it should go to 32 G at some point.

Dale
crikey, 32go of ebooks !! you could probably have every book ever written on there ! (thank god for folders ! )
Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #25
hekkel
Enthusiast
hekkel is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Is there any indication what is the planned price including VAT in Eur?
http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/24214...book-opus.html

(Four shops offering this reader in the Netherlands for prices ranging from 223 to 267 euro.)
hekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #26
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
After the full photo slideshow I now want a Opus more than ever before. Now if only they will get released!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #27
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
About the formats, no Mobipocket supported in the firmware at release. You will have the oppportunity to change the firmware to support Mobipocket with or without but you will lose ePub support then.
Not even non-DRM support with ePub? That is a shame
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Not even non-DRM support with ePub? That is a shame
it's a restriction from Mobipocket / Amazon, Bookeen can't do anything about it sadly.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
After the full photo slideshow I now want a Opus more than ever before. Now if only they will get released!
just think how i feel, i even got to play with one already !
Old 07-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #30
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
just think how i feel, i even got to play with one already !
Some people have all the luck.

I guess I'll just have to keep myself busy reading some actual books in the meantime...
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote