Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
AnuragSethi
Edge User

Continuous (PAN and Next Page) Mode with the Next Page button

Often we zoom the PDF to have the full width of the e-ink screen match exactly with the document page width, but the page length of the document exceeding the screen's height. It would be very nice and convenient to have the next page button on the e-ink side continuously pan and shift to the next page.

This is one of the most requested features in the IREX DR800 SG forums as well.

Thanks,
Anurag

Old 06-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
aidren
Edge User

Ditto on that. The scroll arrows can get tedious.

Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
AnuragSethi
Edge User

Yup. And then the arrows don't have a 'fine' scroll mode. I mean its all or nothing with them. Having to use the pen is inconvenient enough, and not being able to control the scroll amount adds to it. Its almost unusable - the side scrolling especially.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnuragSethi View Post
Yup. And then the arrows don't have a 'fine' scroll mode. I mean its all or nothing with them. Having to use the pen is inconvenient enough, and not being able to control the scroll amount adds to it. Its almost unusable - the side scrolling especially.
I definitely agree with that. In order to read my textbooks quickly I have been using PDF reflow, which leads to a whole different set of problems with graphics and tables. If i could control the scroll easier i could magnify to a level that is readable in a two column page.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
walt526
Edge User

I think that I could live with the current scroll capabilities--if it were possible to view PDFs in landscape and then adjust the zoom to show half a page. As it is, I find the text too small to fit an entire line horizontally.

Advert