Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
melrowgo
ebook fan
melrowgo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Repagination problems? Losing words at the end of pages

After following the excellent instructions on how to install alternate fonts, I have now begun to have problems with repagination when using M and L font size on my PRS-505. I had no problems (that I could detect) after following the instructions - books loaded, font change worked, pages seemed fine - but now I have begun to notice issues with missing words at the end of pages in anything but S mode. I did follow the instructions to change the font on my eBook Library as well as flashing onto my Reader, so I'm not sure why books aren't paginating properly.

Today I went in and deleted all files from the Reader (after backup) and re-synced with the Library, but I see no difference. Is there a step I forgot somewhere along the line? Could I have somehow lost the modified font on the Library files, so they don't load properly on the Reader? I'm stumped and could use some of your excellent advice. We're leaving on a 10-day trip tomorrow and I'd really like to be able to use my 505 without using reading glasses or growing longer arms!
melrowgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Silly question here, but did you see if it was only one book or all books?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
If you're using Sony's software to load the books, you also have to tell that to use the new font.

See Appendix E in Valloric's Guide to changing fonts v1.2

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28447

edit**melrowgo upon rereading your question, it looks like you've already done the above.

To test, you could try dragging a book directly onto the reader with Windows Explorer or adding it through Calibre. That way, the reader will be forced to paginate the book. If this works properly, then I'd try replacing the font Reader software is using again.

Good luck!

dordale

Last edited by dordale; 03-17-2009 at 05:37 PM.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
melrowgo
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Silly question here, but did you see if it was only one book or all books?
Not a silly question at all. Yes, it is happening on several books.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
melrowgo
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
If you're using Sony's software to load the books, you also have to tell that to use the new font.

See Appendix E in Valloric's Guide to changing fonts v1.2

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28447

edit**melrowgo upon rereading your question, it looks like you've already done the above.

To test, you could try dragging a book directly onto the reader with Windows Explorer or adding it through Calibre. That way, the reader will be forced to paginate the book. If this works properly, then I'd try replacing the font Reader software is using again.

Good luck!

dordale
Thanks for the advice. I don't have Calibre (is it worth getting?), but I will try the Window Explorer drag-and-drop. I've got to put the finishing touches on the packing tonight, but if I have time at the airport tomorrow I'll try out your suggestion.

Keep those cards and letters coming! (okay, postings)
Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by melrowgo View Post
Thanks for the advice. I don't have Calibre (is it worth getting?),
Well, since it is free I would say the price is right.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
anton980
anton980 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
apparently bypassing an ebook Library and adding books manually to a flash card solves this problem as well.
anton980 is offline   Reply With Quote