Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 04:41 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Refurbished Kindles for today's eBay Daily Deals

Just spotted some Kindles in today's eBay Daily Deals!

http://deals.ebay.com/#Kindle_Deals

Kindle 1st Generation 250MB, Wi-Fi, 6in - White ~ $24.99
Kindle 2 2GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (Unlocked), 6in - White ~ $39.99

Kindle Keyboard 4GB, Wi-Fi, 6in - Graphite ~ $59.99
Kindle Keyboard 4GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (Unlocked), 6in - Graphite ~ $59.99
Kindle Keyboard 4GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (Unlocked), 6in - White ~ $64.99

Kindle 6" E Ink Display 2GB, Wi-Fi, 6in - Graphite ~ $54.99
Kindle 6" E Ink Display 2GB, Wi-Fi, 6in - Graphite ~ $59.99

Kindle DX 4GB, 3G (Unlocked), 9.7in - White ~ $159.99
Kindle DX 4GB, 3G (Unlocked), 9.7in - Graphite ~ $159.99
Kindle DX 4GB, 3G (Unlocked), 9.7in - White - 2nd Generation ~ $159.99

Kindle Fire 8GB, Wi-Fi, 7in - Black (Latest Model) ~ $119.99
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Wow. Especially the DX models are priced very attractively.
Too bad they do not ship to Germany :-(

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
What do they mean by the k3s being unlocked? hacks installed?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
What do they mean by the k3s being unlocked? hacks installed?
One doesn't say it's unlocked and has special offers:

Quote:
Amazon Kindle Keyboard 4GB, Wi-Fi, 6in
Includes Special Offers and Sponsored Screen Savers
The one that says it's unlocked doesn't have special offers. At least that's the only difference I see.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The only one I might buy, isn't even available, last year's Kindle Touch. Doesn't matter, I want a Kindle 8.9 so need to save my money.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
All the unlocked ones are 3G models, so it just means the 3G isn't locked to a single carrier, the same as an unlocked phone?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Wow. Especially the DX models are priced very attractively.
Too bad they do not ship to Germany :-(

Best regards,
Andy
I might be persuaded to sell one (but don't know what the logistics for shipping to DE might be....)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
I saw that listing, but noticed that they advertised the K1 as "wifi only" even though the K1 didn't even have wifi and I read several negative recent reviews where this seller did not send the Kindle advertised, but an older model. I tried messaging the seller, but got the ebay message that this seller gets too many messages to answer them. I was tempted to buy the K1 anyway since it is so inexpensive, but I knew it would just collect dust here.

Last edited by ilovegadgets; 01-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The 3G models are not a bad deal. I'm waiting for a deal on the Paperwhite 3G though.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
fratermus
e-bookworm
fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, K3, KF2, Touch (dying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegadgets View Post
I saw that listing, but noticed that they advertised the K1 as "wifi only" even though the K1 didn't even have wifi
Yeah, I've been wondering about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegadgets View Post
and I read several negative recent reviews where this seller did not send the Kindle advertised, but an older model. I tried messaging the seller, but got the ebay message that this seller gets too many messages to answer them. I was tempted to buy the K1 anyway since it is so inexpensive, but I knew it would just collect dust here.
I picked up a K1 for a loaner/backup. Will report back when I get it. If he can find an older Kindle than a K1 maybe it's a prototype. :-P
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #11
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I'm waiting for a deal on the Paperwhite 3G though.
Oh' I'm sure there are lots and lots of those available ... I mean, all those paperwhites that are returned for colour hues, blotches, unsharp lettering and so on must go somewhere ...

(In other words, I would advise against getting a paperwhite out of a "special deal" that you most likely can not send back easily, then)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #12
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
There's a PRS-300 on there for $49 as well
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #13
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I bought one of the Kindles offered, and received it today. They sent the wrong one (Kindle Keyboard 4GB, Wi-Fi + 3G (Unlocked), 6in - Graphite ~ $59.99). I didn't want a keyboard, but with free 3G and double the GB I'll give it a shot.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #14
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Oh' I'm sure there are lots and lots of those available ... I mean, all those paperwhites that are returned for colour hues, blotches, unsharp lettering and so on must go somewhere ...

(In other words, I would advise against getting a paperwhite out of a "special deal" that you most likely can not send back easily, then)

Best regards,
Andy
Definitely, and that is what I'm hoping for from Amazon.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #15
ladyashk
Enthusiast
ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600 (2009, Nook Simple Touch (2012), KPW2 (2013), KPW4 (2021)
I wish they shipped to India
ladyashk is offline   Reply With Quote