Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
sky_kama
sky_kama doesn't littersky_kama doesn't litter

Device: Sony-Prs T2
Symbols

Hi!

I am trying to make a catalog but i am doing something wrong and i tried and tried different options and i am not able to fix this problem.

The generated catalog orders every second autor (and title) of each letter in the alphabet under 'Symbol"

Author is A, and 1 author is listed under A, the rest of the authors starting with Last name A is listed under Symbol.

The same goes for title. The first title listed for example under S is under S, and the rest of the title starting with the letter S is ordered under symbol.

I checked my books with the quality check plugin, but all errors are fixed.
and I even swapped LN/FN of all authors to see if this would fix the problem, but this does not help. I checked settings in preferences, and looked for hours on this forum but i cannot find the solution.

Any idea what i am missing here or what i have been doing wrong?

Last edited by sky_kama; 08-14-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: fixed
sky_kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I suspect a leading space.

Try the tag browser. is there groups before 'A'?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
sky_kama

No, there are no groups before A, also not in genre, not in author or series. Everything starts with A. I also removed als nonascii characters from titles and authors.

But still the issue is the same.

Anything else i can check?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
What version of calibre are you using?

There were some bugs relating to symbols and sorting in version 0.8.64 and earlier. if your version of calibre is of that vintage, try updating. If that doesn't solve the problem, create a ticket at the calibre bug tracker and attach your metadata.db file.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 10-15-2012 at 08:05 AM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
sky_kama

i am using version 0.9.2
Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you create the ticket, include your OS and version, and the interface language you've selected for calibre. You can find your metadata.db file in your library folder.

G
Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
sky_kama

I hope i have done it the right way. I have included the metadata.db file and a test catalog. Bug #1066922
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
GRiker

You did it correctly. I need some more data from you, see the ticket for details.

G
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
I am having this exact same problem. Was this mystery solved?
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #10
GRiker

sky_kama's bug was fixed.

G
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #11
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Can you tell me what I need to do to solve this problem?

Thanks -

Courtney
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:22 AM   #12
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
Can you tell me what I need to do to solve this problem?

Thanks -

Courtney
Follow the instructions in post #4. When creating the ticket, include the version of calibre you're using, as well as your computer OS and version.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 01-14-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:38 AM   #13
sky_kama

It came back. I also have the same problem again.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #14
GRiker

Create a ticket at the calibre bug tracker and attach your metadata.db file.

G