lizard king
lizard king began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
detays, what kind of clenaer you use?
lizard king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Smile The bottle for the eyeglass solution just says "Eyeglass Cleaner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard king View Post
detayls, what kind of cleaner you use?
I used the standard eyeglass solution that I got with my eyeglasses from the optician. In addition I sprayed the solution onto the special lint-free cloth that came with the solution.

The bottle for the eyeglass solution just says "Eyeglass Cleaner".

This works for me and since I have very dry skin I suspect it would work better for anyone with oilier skin. The oils obviously will stick to the surface of the Kindle screen and equally obviously will have some effect on the light coming off the surface. Others say it will have no effect but I believe my own eyes.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #18
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Cheers HarryT. It is interesting to know that there may be an element of colour in all of the Paperwhite screens and I do think you have a point that some people are a lot more sensitive to the colours than others, but there are clearly some screens that aren't up to an acceptable standard, and there are pictures that pretty clearly show obvious colour hues.

It doesn't seem to be an issue that the Kobo Glo has at all, and perhaps you are right that they simply use a different way of diffusing the light that works better. I've just been guessing that the methods must be similar, so it's possibly more likely due to the additional layer of the capacitive screen - but I know nothing about the technology so it is just complete guesswork.

On the one hand, Amazon seem to have got the quality of the light better than the rest, but Kobo are doing better with the diffusion. As usual, neither is perfect.... yet.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #19
Tireiron
Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tireiron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo Glo is more than readable in my opinion.

All 4 of my Paperweights are distracting and hideous to look at. They're all going back.

I do prefer the UI and ecosystem of Amazon much more though.

Last edited by Tireiron; 12-06-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Picture wouldn't post
Tireiron is offline   Reply With Quote