Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Web pages on the DR1000

My new favorite FireFox plugin:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636

It converts any page to a PDF, and since it's an online service via a FireFox plugin, it works as well on Mac OS X, Windows and your favourite flavor of Linux.

Once transferred to the reader, the result works very well using the combo of FullScreen & PageFlow mode! I'm consistently impressed how well PDFs work on this thing, even though it's still my least favourite format. The same file on my Sony reader: I'd have to be pretty desperate to read it like that.

Below a couple of shots, taken in the brightest morning sun. Try that with an LCD screen! The second one shows PageFlow in action: that black line is where otherwise an unfortunate pagebreak would be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WebpageConversion.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	387.9 KB
ID:	16988   Click image for larger version

Name:	PageFlowCloseup.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	16989  
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote