Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #76
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just got my tracking number email from Kobo.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #77
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Hmmmm.

Yes, the following "Out of Stock" notice appears at the Kobo USA site.
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo.png
Views:	137
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	111231

My card still shows the transaction has been completed, so I am hoping the reader has shipped ... but have not yet received a confirmation. Maybe time to tweak Kobo ...
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #78
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
According to help desk

Quote:
According to our records, the Kobo Aura new eReaders started the shipment today.

Your eReader will be shipped as soon as possible. If you do not receive a notification within the next two days, please do not hesitate to contact us in order to assure that the eReader is being shipped today.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #79
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
I just got my tracking number email from Kobo.
Well, that answers your original question. Apparently it's random. I ordered on the 28th and I got nuthin'. No shipping notice. Credit card was charged on the 12th. You ordered on the 30th and finally got your shipping notice. So apparently they fill orders in any ole order they feel like.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #80
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
Well, that answers your original question. Apparently it's random. I ordered on the 28th and I got nuthin'. No shipping notice. Credit card was charged on the 12th. You ordered on the 30th and finally got your shipping notice. So apparently they fill orders in any ole order they feel like.
Yeah, I guess order doesn't matter as much. Unless they are doing batches, but even then, they should've gotten yours out before they got to me. Looks like I'll have it by end of week or so, it's already in the US system via Toronto customs.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #81
marshap
Enthusiast
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Ordered Aura on 9/8, received order confirmation e-mail same day. Card charged today, but no shipment e-mail. I asked about shipment on Kobo's website and received an auto-reply saying I can anticipate a response to my question within 24-48 hours. Really, Kobo? Is that the best you can do? Comparing Kobo to other online retailers I deal with, they're pathetic. I suspect consumers who are on the fence between a Kindle and a Kobo who learn of Kobo's poor delivery performance may opt for the Kindle for this reason alone.
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #82
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You do know that the closest we have to an official release date is tomorrow. Kobo has never had a great record for communicating with people about delivery. It's a bit early though to get more than a little bothered when all that has happened is that you got a canned response and the promise of attention from a human in 24-48 hours

Last edited by taming; 09-17-2013 at 09:08 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #83
bargainofoz
bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello

Anyone from Australia here?

I pre-ordered mine on the 13th of September and haven't received it yet.
Since during the order process I could not select an international shipping option, but only free ground shipping, can I safely assume that the stock I'll be getting is already in Australia?
bargainofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #84
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I hope Kobo isn't abandoning its Australian B&M distributors. I've just checked the usual suspects and the Aura isn't showing up at any of them, even for pre-order.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #85
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I hope Kobo isn't abandoning its Australian B&M distributors. I've just checked the usual suspects and the Aura isn't showing up at any of them, even for pre-order.
I really hope that's not the case as I want to see one in person before purchasing.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:29 AM   #86
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
Yeah, I guess order doesn't matter as much. Unless they are doing batches, but even then, they should've gotten yours out before they got to me. Looks like I'll have it by end of week or so, it's already in the US system via Toronto customs.
I'm hoping tomorrow my shipping notice comes. It wouldn't matter...I've got other readers to use...but I wanted it for vacation. And I'm impatient.

Hope yours arrives fast!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:58 AM   #87
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargainofoz View Post
Hello

Since during the order process I could not select an international shipping option, but only free ground shipping, can I safely assume that the stock I'll be getting is already in Australia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I just tried the link for the Aura on the Kobo website and this is what I get:

'Oops!

Sorry, we're unable to locate the content you're looking for. The content may no longer be available or the link you followed may be broken. The problem has been reported. In the meantime, try a search.

If you continue to receive this notification, please contact our Customer Care department for assistance:

Call 1-855-732-3662 (8am-12am EST)

Email: help@kobo.com (24 hours)'

So - the buy an Aura link is down - I'm using Firefox and logged in with Aus address.

Similar happens on IE9.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #88
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello

How much did you pay?

Who did you order from?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #89
bargainofoz
bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
How much did you pay?

Who did you order from?
189 AUD from Kobo
bargainofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #90
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
189 AUD from Kobo
Was postage included?

It's outrageous that we're charged $30 per device more than Canada and the US eh!!