Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Atagahi
Enthusiast
Atagahi began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Slow page turning on borrowed books

I borrowed an ebook from my library for the first time. It took a long time to download/copy to my reader and the page turning is exceptionally slow. Is there a way to fix the slow page turning on these books?
Atagahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atagahi View Post
I borrowed an ebook from my library for the first time. It took a long time to download/copy to my reader and the page turning is exceptionally slow. Is there a way to fix the slow page turning on these books?
Is it ePub or PDF? Lots of images?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
Atagahi
Enthusiast
Atagahi began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
It is a PDF, with a few images at the first of the book. It seems like the library some how scanned an older library book and turned it into a pdf. It even has a page that shows checkin/checkout dates from several years back
Atagahi is offline   Reply With Quote