Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Dolphin Mini Browser

I have been messing around with different web browsers lately and I hit upon Dolphin Mini which works great with the Pocket Edge. This is one slick browser that combines the best of a Mini browser with a lot of the features of a full featured browser.

Like many popular desktop browsers, Dolphin Mini even offers Private Browsing as one of it's Menu Options.

Dolphin Mini is unbelievably fast and it gives you full-featured browser options like full-screen mode, gestures, Flash support, selecting text, copying text, saving webpages for offline viewing, screenshots, uses Google's auto complete dropdown and has built in shortcuts to many popular Google Services like Google Calendar, Google News, Google Shopping, Picasa etc. etc.

Dolphin Mini plays YouTube videos flawlessly, directly from the YouTube website. Gumby Dances for Creature Carl? Can anyone explain this one?

Give it a try. It's FREE. What do you have to lose? If you don't like it, simply remove it. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pz8Tr7YTAc

Download Dolphin Mini: http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...22448148952285

I have been experimenting with a lot of different browsers and will report back if I find something better. As of right now this browser provides the best speed and the best features of the browsers I have tested. Opera Mini is really fast and I really like it, but it lacks the features that Dolphin Mini has.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-26-2011 at 02:36 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
puffin is better but not free. i also like ninesky (free)
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
mad_cat
mad_cat began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
Why is private browsing desireable? I know what it is, I am just lost on its need.
mad_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_cat View Post
Why is private browsing desireable? I know what it is, I am just lost on its need.

I guess if there are multiple tablet users and you don't want others to know what you have been up to it could be useful. Also, if you are using public WiFi I would encourage using private browsing.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote