Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #151
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
baf

Back in luakit better implemented to work with bookmarks. In skipston can make four tabs, the rest will not be seen on the screen. In luakit can make an unlimited number of tabs, easy to browse.
Looks nice. I don't have time to play with it now. Maybe someone else?
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #152
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
~/GIT/luakit $ LDFLAGS=" -lwebkitgtk-1.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lsoup-2.4 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -ljavascriptcoregtk-1.0 -lglib-2.0 -lpthread" CFLAGS="-mfloat-abi=soft -fno-stack-protector -O2 -ffast-math -march=armv7 -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=vfpv3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer --ansi -std=c99 -D_POSIX_SOURCE -O2 -g -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_NETBSD_SOURCE -std=gnu99`pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags` `pkg-config webkit-1.0 --cflags` -L/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/ -L~/GIT/buildroot/output/host/usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/lib/ -L./libk5/ -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lXrender -lXinerama -lXext -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lXdamage -lXfixes -latk-1.0 -lcairo -lpixman-1 -lpng12 -lxcb-shm -lxcb-render -lX11 -lxcb -lXau -lXdmcp -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lz -lexpat -lgobject-2.0 -lffi -lgmodule-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -std=c99" CC=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc BUILD=arm-none-linux-gnueabi HOST=i686-pc-linux make

Quote:
Package unique-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `unique-1.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'unique-1.0' found
config.mk:94: *** commands commence before first target. Stop.
meh.

Still - I was trying to include a build for the 3... I may have another touch-only focused attempt. - update (above) still missing unique - will need to build that..

Last edited by twobob; 12-28-2012 at 02:52 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #153
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Update is a bit slow, so uninstalled it for the moment. Hope to try it out when it is more usable. Good work though.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #154
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Total Offtopic but you're a "gtk hero" baf so I have a question for you.

did you ever try loading a gtkbuilder.xml yet on the kindle Touch/PW/whatever.

Even my "hello worlds" are failing, (that run okay on the PC) wondered if you had any glade related thoughts. Just a random question.

I was just reffing http://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/2.24/GtkBuilder.html

Cheers.

Last edited by twobob; 01-22-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #155
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Total Offtopic but you're a "gtk hero" baf
I like that

Quote:
did you ever try loading a gtkbuilder.xml yet on the kindle Touch/PW/whatever.
I am quite busy now. I will try later and let you know.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #156
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
did you ever try loading a gtkbuilder.xml yet on the kindle Touch/PW/whatever
This simple example builds fine and runs on kindle touch.
Try to build it
Attached Files
File Type: zip glade-example.zip (33.3 KB, 211 views)
Old 01-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #157
twobob

Awesome. I will, soon as i get to a machine with the right tools.

Thanks mate!

EDIT.. hmm..

[root@kindle extensions]# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/lib strace -fF -o gladeFail.txt ./glade.example
Quote:
Segmentation fault
Odd. perhaps I messed up the theming somehow via edits to etc? don't recall doing that though... ho hum. the
Quote:
23705 access("/mnt/us/home/root/.gtk-2.0/2.10.0/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/engines/libpixmap.so", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
makes me think just clearing it down would make sense now.

: ) It's never simple. I should wipe the device completely. To be sure. Thanks mate. Just checking I really do have a problem with the current config... Looks like I do.
Attached Files
File Type: txt gladeFail.txt (57.1 KB, 240 views)

Last edited by twobob; 01-24-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: access("/mnt/us/home/root/....Blah
Old 01-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #158
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
It's never simple. I should wipe the device completely. To be sure. Thanks mate. Just checking I really do have a problem with the current config... Looks like I do.
So you not only can't compile it, but neither can you run it
It doesn't read any files from your home directory, so this should not be a problem. Maybe you replaced some library?

Or maybe you modified example-1.glade file? DOS newlines for example?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #159
twobob

well. I didn't replace any system libs. nor would I ever, that is the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve.

However I feel a stray /etc or something? is playing foul. or something.

I could dos2unix just in case. good thought.

I'll wipe it and try again. Thanks mate.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #160
juhana
juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Would it be possible to launch Skipstone (or any other browser with modern rendering engine) in fullscreen mode without any menu bars?

According to Skipstone manual there should be window>fullscreen menu item. Fullscreen should also be possible to activate on startup by adding -r parameter to launch command.

i tried to modify skipstone.sh file to

./skipstone -r www.mydomain.net/myweather-output

but -r parameter didn't have any effect. So, is the fullscreen mode is disabled for Kindle version due to touch screen interface that wouldn't allow returning to normal screen mode?

Is there any way to activate the fullscreen mode by editing source/config files? I wouldnt mind if i couldn't exit the Skipstone without rebooting the device.

(I'm experimenting with Paperwhite)

Thanks, Juhana
juhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #161
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhana View Post
Would it be possible to launch Skipstone (or any other browser with modern rendering engine) in fullscreen mode without any menu bars?

According to Skipstone manual there should be window>fullscreen menu item. Fullscreen should also be possible to activate on startup by adding -r parameter to launch command.

i tried to modify skipstone.sh file to

./skipstone -r www.mydomain.net/myweather-output

but -r parameter didn't have any effect. So, is the fullscreen mode is disabled for Kindle version due to touch screen interface that wouldn't allow returning to normal screen mode?

Is there any way to activate the fullscreen mode by editing source/config files? I wouldnt mind if i couldn't exit the Skipstone without rebooting the device.

(I'm experimenting with Paperwhite)

Thanks, Juhana
Hmm.. I will have a dig thru to code tomorrow. in the absence of better info from someone else.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #162
twobob

[root@kindle bin]# ./skipstone --help
Quote:
Usage: skipstone -f http://www.someurl.com http://www.someurl2.com, ...
use --fullscreen or -f for fullscreen mode at startup
--help, this text
so...

Picture (1)
Spoiler:

[root@kindle bin]# ./skipstone -f https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.p
hp?p=2389078

Picture (2)
Spoiler:

[root@kindle bin]# ./skipstone https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?
p=2389078

Perhaps with a bit more love you could convince that address bar to be gone too...

Hope that helps. (sorry for the delay, been swamped)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_074.png
Views:	1014
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	100599   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_075.png
Views:	1099
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	100600  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #163
juhana
juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.juhana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for your example twobob! Now I got it working also. (For some weird reason I had used the wrong parameter -r instead of -f)

I got rid of the adressbar by switching it of from the settings menu before launching in fullscreen.

Now I should be able to make my own version of
http://www.mpetroff.net/archives/201...ather-display/

in html/javascript without any back-end server stuff.
juhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #164
BlueCross
BlueCross began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hello. I'm trying to use Skipstone on my Kindle Touch.

It displays its default webpage(Skipstone home)with no problem. But when I try to navigate to other websites by typing addresses into the address bar, it automatically adds a dash(-)after I press enter, messing with the address and preventing me from browsing other pages. I tried to bypass it by creating a new favorite, but it crashes into main screen when I tap 'add favorite' button. What should I do?
BlueCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #165
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCross View Post
Hello. I'm trying to use Skipstone on my Kindle Touch.

It displays its default webpage(Skipstone home)with no problem. But when I try to navigate to other websites by typing addresses into the address bar, it automatically adds a dash(-)after I press enter, messing with the address and preventing me from browsing other pages. I tried to bypass it by creating a new favorite, but it crashes into main screen when I tap 'add favorite' button. What should I do?
I just tested this and it worked fine...

Please indicate your revision level (5.1.2 or 5.3.2) and your language...

it might matter....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_279.png
Views:	326
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	102022   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_280.png
Views:	334
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	102023   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_281.png